Surfacing Site Manager – North West
Colas Ltd are a UK subsidiary of the global Colas Group, which operates in over 50 countries worldwide and employs over 55,000 people. We are specialists in highways construction and have been involved in large scale UK and international construction projects within the highways, airfields and marine sectors as well as offering highways maintenance services and manufacturing our own innovative surfacing products. We hold a ‘Gold Investor in People’ award for continuously developing and rewarding our employees, offering excellent career potential.
Colas North holds an extensive portfolio of capability and experience delivering all highways civil engineering requirements, focussed on a true “fence to fence” highways solution. Our diverse range of services include public realm improvements, junction improvements, car parks including park and ride facilities, footways, cycle ways and other infrastructure for non-motorised users, carriageway construction and surfacing, drainage improvements, signalisation, road lining & Carriageway studs and more.
About the Role
Our North regional team are looking to recruit a surfacing site manager to efficiently deliver surfacing projects to the highest possible health, safety and environmental standards. The site manager is responsible for the management of key client expectations whilst ensuring the compliance with all quality procedures and safe working practices. In addition the site agent will be acting within financial authorities, in respect of contract revenue and expenditure, having a sound and proven track record working on local authority and Highways England surfacing contracts.
As well as a highly competitive salary, Colas are also offering some great benefits with this role, which include:
- Competitive pension contribution
- A company car allowance or a company car with a fuel card
- 25 days annual leave per annum + the option to buy or sell up to 5 days annual leave
- Ongoing training, and personal professional development
- Discounts on car leasing, holidays, cinema tickets, restaurants and much more through our online employee benefits portal
Applicants will have the appropriate qualification in construction/civil engineering, over 5 years work experience as a site manager within the highways surfacing sector. Having progressed from a site foreman/supervisor to site manager, working on local authority roads & fast track motorway surfacing projects.
You will also have:
- Commitment to Quality, Safety and Environment.
- Appropriate knowledge of health and safety polices.
- Good working knowledge of IT systems, proficient in the use of Microsoft Office & Microsoft Project Software.
- Previous commercial experience and budget control.
- Good analytical capability.
- Practice of prioritising time critical work.
- Excellent communication and liaison skills.
Colas is fully committed to promoting equality and diversity and maintaining a culture of fairness, transparency and respect for all employees, clients, communities, suppliers, contractors and other stakeholders. Colas aims to be inclusive meet diverse needs and promote awareness and ownership in the workplace and the communities in which we serve.
Colas values the strength and differences that a diverse workforce brings to the organisation and believes that by harnessing these differences, we will foster a productive environment where equity and mutual respect are intrinsic, where talents are being fully utilised and organisational goals are met