AVK UK Limited is part of the AVK Group, who are market leaders in the supply of valves, fittings and flow control equipment to the Water, Waste Water, Oil, Gas and Fire Protection industries throughout the world.
We have a vacancy for an Engineering Manager to join our team, with weekly travel to the three manufacturing sites in Hyde, Staveley and Corby, reporting to the Group Operations Director.
The main purpose of the role is to oversee the Production Engineering and Maintenance teams, whilst working closely with the Production managers to ensure the smooth running of the three operational companies in Hyde, Staveley and Corby.
The primary tasks include, but are not limited to:-
- Full responsibility of building and site maintenance
- To manage the Engineering functions, systems and processes ensuring that all business objectives are met, utilizing LEAN and CI methodologies
- To develop and implement value engineering and productivity improvements across 3 manufacturing operations
- To maintain a preventive maintenance computerized system and evaluate assets management and make recommendation of capex replacement
- To ensure that all plant and equipment is maintained to an agreed standard and level of performance
- To plan and direct installation, testing, operation, maintenance and repair of facilities and equipment
Qualifications and skills:
The successful candidate will hold a formal qualification in English, Maths and as a minimum a recognised engineering qualification to HND level or equivalent, as well as interpersonal communication skills with expertise in dealing with complicated topics to a broader audience. Also meticulous working practices, analytical and mathematical mind capable of evaluating and solving various complex problems with a self-motivated attitude.
Approximately 6+ years’ engineering experience in a managerial role is needed to perform the job at a management level.
If you want to join a progressive and successful organisation then we would like to meet you.
A full job description can be obtained from Abbie Bailey.