I am currently recruiting for an Engineering Manager with proven experience working in an EASA approved facility with specific responsibilities for the manufacturing and quality functions.
The successful candidate will have a proven success rate of developing processes and people within and aerospace environment, working to AS9100 and EASA Parts 21G & 145, FAR145, CASE and CCAR.
You may have previous been a quality manager or a manufacturing manager, but you will need experience in both areas.
This role is not for the faint-hearted. Targets are high and it is a pressurised environment; a major part of the business is MRO. However, this role is an opportunity to stamp your mark on a successful business and help its continued development.
To be successful you will need proven experience of the following:
- Proven expertise in both quality systems and manufacturing engineering
- a significant track record of managing complex long term projects.
- Strong knowledge of lean manufacturing principles
- Significant technical and problem-solving experience in an electro-mechanical manufacturing environment.
- Strong leadership qualities
- NPI, Capex and capability acquisition, and continuous improvement experience
- Quality assurance experience
- A complete manufacturing and quality toolbox, including gauge R&R, SPC, FMEAs, 6-sigma
This is very much a leadership role. Key is the ability to pass your knowledge to the team of manufacturing engineers, quality engineers, and team leaders that you will be working closely with.