Senior Infrastructure Engineer
With more than 10000 people around the globe GHD is a leading engineering, architecture and environmental consulting firm, servicing clients across five continents.
GHD’s core service sectors include water, energy and resources, environment, property and buildings and transportation and our people share a passion for successful project delivery, innovative consultancy and exceptional results.
About the Position
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Infrastructure Engineer to provide technical expertise within our Leeds office.
The successful candidate will have experience of highway design, including Section 38 and Section 278 approval processes, drainage design, including public and private drainage design, external works design and earthworks volumetric analysis.
Role and Responsibilities
The successful candidate will:
- Manage the delivery of projects or act as discipline lead within a multidisciplinary team.
- Maintain client contact and ensure that project delivery meets the client’s objectives and requirements.
- Ensure that the technical content of all work carried out is correct and completed in accordance within agreed timescales and budgets.
- Undertake project delivery tasks, which may include calculations, drawings, sketches and reports.
- Provide technical guidance, support and training to colleagues and assist, where practicable, in mentoring and development of others.
- Work in close collaboration with colleagues from other disciplines.
Qualifications, Technical Skills and Experience Required
We are looking for the following qualifications, skills, and attributes:
- Honours degree in Civil Engineering
- Working towards Chartered status (MICE or MCIWEM).
- Experience of AutoCAD Civil 3D and Microdrainage.
- Experience of working within a 3D design environment and an ability to work to BIM protocols would be desirable.
- Ability to work on own initiative and seek assistance when required.
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload to ensure that timescales and budgets are met.
- Take responsibility for personal development and support the learning of others.
- Effective negotiation and persuading skills.
- Project a professional image to clients and colleagues.
- Able to work collaboratively to form strong working relationships with colleagues and clients.
- Able to recognise own impact on others and adapt approach where appropriate.
- Demonstrate integrity.
We are looking for enthusiastic individuals with a willingness to lead and develop in a leading global consultancy.
Our global client base will provide a breadth of opportunities to develop new skills and grow key experience in diverse and challenging applications.
Furthermore GHD can provide a flexible career path tailored to suit your specific skills and talent, and to meet your individual needs as a developing engineer and manager.