Manufacturing Engineer- Assembly
My client a renowned international manufacturer of metal components for the automotive industry are looking for an experienced Manufacturing Assembly Engineer to support the development, procurement, feasibility and introduction of new assembly equipment.
What you will do as a Manufacturing Engineer:
- Support prototype builds, customer engineering change requests & cost down improvements.
- Support assembly feasibility, process layout definition & tooling fixture design
- Create and monitor timing against project milestones support with industrial engineers model cell implementation including TMP instructions, shim logs, layout defined, 5S equipment in place, correct lighting, documentation.
- Complete Pre & Final buy off's at supplier.
- Support the PPAP project requirements, including creation of BOM's process flows, PFMEA's etc
- Escalate issues that could potentially undermine the programme, ensuring assembly/customer build milestones are achieved.
- Knowledge required to support assembly feasibility, process layout definition & tooling fixture design.
- Communication and presentations, directly with customers and internal
What you will need for this Manufacturing Engineer role:
- HNC in Manufacturing or Engineering or equivalent qualification/experience
- Proven background in the successful introduction of assembly equipment from initial visualisation through to buy off and introduction into production. BIW/ Chassis/ Structural Assemblies.
- Ideal candidate would have knowledge in automated cells, welding cells & cost down improvements
- Current driving license as travel to customers and suppliers will be required as and when necessary. Ability to support foreign travel as and when required.
- Have a valid passport (with minimum 6 months remaining)
What you will receive:
- The opportunity to work for a global technology provider contributing to developing innovatively designed products.
- A permanent, full time position (on day-shift)
- Benefits which includes 25 days holiday + 8 bank hols, pension contributions up to 8%.
For more information or to apply please contact Gemma Skidmore at Recruit12.
This position is based near Wolverhampton and is commutable from Sutton Coldfield, Tamworth, Birmingham and Coleshill, Telford, Castle Bromwich, Dudley, Tipton, Wednesbury, Great Barr, Halesowen, Stoke