Our client is a leading independent multi-disciplinary practice working across 5 design disciplines: Architectural, Structural Engineering, Mechanical & Electrical Engineering, Building Surveying and Project Management, and we are seeking to appoint a Structural Engineer to join their well-established firm of Chartered Surveyors, Architects and Engineers.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Structural Engineer to be a part of a growing Project Management team just outside of Portsmouth, Hampshire.
Main Duties & Responsibilities;
- Develop scheme designs as required by the Directors, Principal and Senior engineers, using appropriate software
- Assist in the delivery of projects within timescale, budget constraints and quality expectations
- Work with CAD Technicians to produce relevant structural information.
- Undertake structural engineering analysis
- Attendance at project and design meetings and site visits.
- Undertake condition surveys and write reports.
- Keep all project related documentation in compliance with the Business Management systems, processes and procedures.
- Communicate project’s critical issues in a timely manner to Directors and clients.
- Mentor graduates and technicians.
- Actively engage in CPD to maintain and facilitate personal and career development
- Encouragement for own continuous professional development
Skills & Experience required;
- Demonstrated experience in structural engineering design and construction.
- Good all-round technical design expertise using British, European and international standards
- Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate Civil or Structural engineering discipline or equivalent
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven ability to work as part of a team, building relationships with clients and other design team members
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Excellent team player
- Good communication skills
- Excellent time management and general organisation skills
- Respect for Company Values: Integrity, Service, Trust, Respect and Responsibility
- Full Driving Licence
The ideal candidate will be a Chartered member of ICE or IStructE and hold current SC Clearance or able to achieve Security Clearance. This position will suit a person who is career motivated, keen to learn and really make your mark within a forward-thinking business.
Kiota Recruitment are a newly founded Professional Search Agency with 17 years combined experience in supporting candidates across Multiple Skills & Industries, we are working on behalf of the client so apply for this job and be a part of our journey.