Time Appointments are seeking a talented Design Engineer to join our client who is a leading manufacturer based in Colchester. They work with customers across the UK and Europe, including almost all leading manufacturing organisations. The role will involve end-to-end responsibility for development of new products, to expand the client’s market leading range of equipment. You will be temporally working remotely due to COVID-19.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Defining detailed requirements for new products based on high level briefings from customers and management.
- Researching appropriate technologies and competitive offerings.
- Understanding appropriate British Standards and applying to the design process.
- Selecting third party solutions and suppliers where necessary.
- Detailed design and prototyping of products.
- Operational testing of prototypes.
- Production of documentation, including O&Ms, assembly manuals, drawings.
- Providing input to marketing and launch of product where required.
- Provide leadership in the design team, including definition and improvement of internal processes.
- Becoming the internal subject matter expert on technical aspects of our product range.
- Be degree qualified in an engineering subject
- Have experience of product design and development in an industrial environment
- Have sufficient electrical knowledge to specify and design simple systems or obtain support where needed.
- Be able to draw on external resources and identify suppliers where required.
- Have experience of sheet metal design
- Be able to show experience in a closely related field - HVAC, fan systems, industrial filtration, or a comparable industry.
- Be experienced with Inventor or Solid works
- 3 years Design Experience
Company pension, Annual bonus, Flexible working hours, on-site parking, and the opportunity to work from home.