Our client is a leader in Architectural and Industrial Steel Manufacturing and Design. They now require skilled Site Fitters for their high profile projects in Dublin. Reporting into contracts management, the Fitter will maintain installation and on-site fabrication quality and safety standards alongside the businesses high skilled crews and site management teams.
The Fitter will have Valid Safe Pass, Manual Handling Certificate, Abrasive wheel preferred and IPAF MEWP Training.
The ideal Fitter:
- Minimum 2 years' experience in industrial and architectural steel installation
- Ability to work as part of a crew but also use initiative to problem solve or raise snags to site management
- Safety conscious and able to maintain clean and tidy work space
- Strong communication skills and able to follow instructions on site
The role responsibilities:
- Lay out, fit and fabricate metal components to assemble structural forms using knowledge of welding techniques, metallurgy and engineering requirements
- Undertake general workshop fitting skills including machining, burning, and welding and lifting operations
- Read and interpret engineering drawings of various parts to ensure correct tolerance and fits are maintained for efficient operation
- Inspecting grooves, angles, or gap allowances using micrometre, calliper and precision measuring instruments
- Removing rough spots from workpiece using portable grinder, hand file, or scraper
- Adhere to all health and safety guidelines
- Ensuring that your place of work is safe and tidy
- Driving a MEWP or other access equipment
If interested please forward a full and up to date CV for further details and discussion.