CNC Milling Operator – Competitive – St. Leonards on Sea, East Sussex
Are you apprentice or BTec trained with over 3 years’ experience of working in a manufacturing environment? If so, we have a great opportunity for a CNC Milling Operator.
The successful candidate will write and edit CNC programmes, alongside working with CAM software.
The key responsibilities of a CNC Milling Operator include, but are not limited to:
- Using measuring equipment for quality control checks.
- Writing and editing CNC programs.
- Setting CNC milling machines (XYZ VMC’s).
Established in the 1960s, we specialise in the manufacture of special electro-optical tubes for university and science research applications. The company maintains several significant key accounts, serving the world-leading vacuum equipment suppliers the full range of KF, ISO and Conflat catalogue vacuum hardware flange and fitting components.
Consequently, we have received a number of achievement recognitions, including Virgin Fastrack 100 and Sussex Business awards.
The key skills and qualities of a CNC Milling Operator include:
- Knowledge of industrial machining techniques.
- Strong understanding of feeds, speeds, and tooling (including driven tools).
- Reliability, precision, and attention to detail.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and to follow instructions.
- Flexible approach to work hours.
- Extensive knowledge of tooling, inspection techniques and machine shop best practice are essential.
- Understanding of Siemans control systems would be an advantage.
If you are keen on joining this exciting, forward thinking company and taking the next step in your career, then please click the apply now button to find out more.