Competitive Annual salary
Our client is a subcontract machining company, manufacturing components for aerospace, medical, electronics and scientific equipment manufacturers. They process prototype, low to medium batch production in aluminium, engineering plastics, stainless and tool steels.
This positions offers:
- Competitive hourly rate.
- A bonus scheme.
- A progressive, engaging work environment.
- Job security, training and career opportunities.
- Opportunity for overtime.
- 33 days annual leave including statutory holidays.
- Company sickness scheme (subject to qualifying criteria).
- Company auto enrolment pension scheme (subject to qualifying criteria).
- Standard hours: Mon – Thursday: 7.30 am to 5.00 pm, 30 minute lunch break. Friday: 7.30 am to 12.30 pm. 41 hour a week.
- Account manage, pro-actively ‘on-board’ new A class customers, close orders and win the best mix of work to maximise flow and throughput.
- Telephone potential A class customers to qualify new leads to develop strong partnerships and to gain a commercial advantage.
- Manage order funnel to win 80% of orders from potential A class customers and deliver a consistent green scorecard.
- Strive to improve hourly rate and the best mix of work.
- Minimise risk through the company to protect margins.
- Focus on quotes and components that fit our machining ‘envelope’ in repeat batch quantities or high value low quantities.
- Demonstrate alignment and the ability to live and work by Core Values.
- Self-starter and a team player with the desire to work in a progressive company.
- 10 years plus skilled programming and setting CNC machining and engineering background - Ideally Milling or turning but a mixture of both would be advantageous
- Comprehensive knowledge and ability to interpret engineering drawings and geometric tolerances.
- Ideally have an estimating / job costing background but will consider skilled CNC Machinists with a good machining methodology background who have the desire to move into a customer facing estimator role.
- An enquiring mind and interest in offering machining manufacturing design advice. Working with customers to understand the fit, form and function of component applications and advise on manufacturing engineering drawings.
- Personable with good people skills to develop and maintain effective working relationships with work colleagues, suppliers and customers
- Good organisational skills and ability to work under your own initiative .
- You will be analytical, accurate and thorough in all aspects of your work.
- Familiarity with an ISO9001:2008 quality environment.
- Computer literate with Microsoft Office applications. Experience with ERP/MRP software packages would be of benefit but not essential.
- Flexible to be able to help out in other departments.