Lydney, Forest of Dean, Gloucestershire
My client is a leading international provider of high-quality modular steel bridging solutions. We specialise in rapid-build, pre-engineered modular steel bridges to enable accelerated bridge construction in urban and rural areas. We also deliver bridging solutions for the construction, oil and gas, and mining sectors, as well as for specialist military applications, humanitarian emergencies and disaster relief.
They are looking for a graduate structural or civil engineer to provide an engineering service to the Sales, Commercial and Project Delivery teams. You will provide engineering support and consultancy on bridge design, manufacturing details and fabrication issues. He will also support the Head of Engineering in delivering all Engineering, Business Improvement and New Product Development (NPD) objectives.
Main responsibilities and duties of the position
- Provide technical / engineering input into proposals and projects, including estimates of engineering hours when required.
- Review and deliver to the technical requirements of the contract negotiated by the Sales and/or Commercial teams.
- Manage and / or carry out all pre and post-order engineering requirements based on in-house design rules and / or relevant design codes, all to meet the specification / client requirements as defined via the Sales team and / or as set out in the contract.
- Manage and / or carry out special parts designs and arrange pre and post-order drafting work as required.
- Carry out any requirements for NPD and Business Improvement tasks when required to do so, carrying out or checking designs and conducting bridge and / or component testing when appropriate.
- Ensure that all Engineering and NPD activity is completed on time and to budget, and in a safe and controlled manner.
- Attend project / client technical meetings for tenders and / or projects as required (travel throughout the UK and overseas will be required).
- Implement all aspects of Business Improvement projects as required.
- Carry out identified Non Conformance Report actions and implement any improvements or recommendations arising from these when required.
- Suggest areas for Value Engineering, Product Development and / or Business Improvement to the Head of Engineering.
- Input into regular reports on Engineering / NPD progress and performance, plus other engineering issues, to the Head of Engineering.
For more information on this role please call Giles Churchill at Omega Resource Group on (phone number removed)