Cobham Mission Systems are looking for a Principal Manufacturing Engineer (known internally as a Manufacturing engineering Lead) to lead the manufacturing engineering team at the Crewkerne facility.
The incumbent must be a fully accomplished manufacturing engineer, ideally with experience leading teams as a Supervisor or Manager. We could consider an experienced ME without leadership experience with the view to supporting progression into the role.
A comprehensive knowledge of composite manufacturing & technical understanding is essential.
This permanent role is based in Crewkerne, Somerset.
As a Manufacturing Engineering Lead, your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Relevant engineering qualification or equivalent experience
- Good understanding of aerospace configuration control requirements with specific experience of composite material processing and component production procedures
- Computer literate, windows based and 3D model-based software.
- Practical and positive with a flexible and conscientious "get it done" approach to work load; acts as a role model to others; able to direct, coach and influence the performance of junior colleagues
- Able to develop successful working relationships, work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate at all levels
As a Manufacturing Engineering Lead, your main responsibilities will involve:
- Provide technical leadership, manufacturing process control and performance monitoring, plan and incorporate design changes, dispose of discrepant hardware and lead corrective action to prevent recurrence.
- Provide Manufacturing Information Sheets, route cards, bill of materials and manufacturing specification data in accordance with company standards and act as approval signatory for Manufacturing Information Sheets and other manufacturing documentation.
- Develop the most cost effective and efficient solutions that satisfy design to cost and design for manufacture best practice.
- Specify material requirements, define suitable methods of manufacture and identify and implement tooling and equipment.
- Support Production and Quality in resolving production problems and non-conformances, design and customer reviews and other meetings as required.
- Co-operate with management to meet the employer's legal duties; read and comply to the site Safety Health & Environment Policy; and take reasonable care of their own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by their acts or omissions
About Cobham Mission Systems
As the world's leading supplier of critical control solutions, we help our customers to increase the safety and mission capabilities of their personnel and equipment in extreme environments.
Our proven and trusted solutions in air-to-air refuelling, life support, weapons carriage and unmanned systems, deliver assured performance and class-leading through-life costs that enable our customers to bring complex projects to market quickly, and with minimal risk.
We offer challenging and rewarding roles across a wide range of disciplines that combine to make us a true global technology and service leader.
Our ethos is rooted firmly in our history of innovation, leadership and empowerment and we take great pride in solving the big problems that others can't. If it can be done we can find a way.
We believe in operating as a team, both among ourselves and alongside our partners. And we believe in pushing our potential to its very limit.
After all, we did not get to where we are now, nor will we succeed in the future, by being unambiguous or complacent. For us, Every Mission Matters.
What You Can Expect From Us
We offer an excellent salary and benefits package which includes an annual bonus, employer matched pension scheme of up to 12%, 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays with options to buy/sell 5 days per year, company funded life cover of 3x salary and income protection scheme as well as a comprehensive Employee Assistance Programme. In addition, we offer a wide range of additional benefits through our Cobham Choice Benefit Portal covering Health & Wellbeing benefits, Insurances, Cycle Scheme, Gym Flex, Technology Scheme and discounted Retail Vouchers to name a few.
Working at CMS Wimborne
to watch a video to see what we do and hear from colleagues what life is like at our Wimborne site.
Check out our website and our LinkedIn page to find out more.