CNC / Manual Machinist required to join a leading Manufacturing Engineering department in Solihull.
Our client is a world leading, automotive manufacturer of prestige and high valued motor vehicles. With an ever-evolving heritage, truly exciting future and two of the world’s most iconic brands, our client is revered across the globe continually pushing the boundaries of innovation and redefining the benchmark for excellence, setting the standards others want to follow.
They are currently seeking to recruit an experienced CNC / Manual Machinist to join their team based in Solihull. This role is offered on an ongoing contract basis with long term or permanent opportunities for the right candidate.
You will be working in a manufacturing machine shop environment working from 2D Engineer Drawings to machine a range of materials to create jigs, fixtures and specialist parts. The successful CNC / Manual Machinist will be confident in setting and operating manual milling and turning machines including Bridgeport and Ajax machines as well as programming and operating CNC XYZ machines using CAM applications to produce one-off and small batch jobs.
THE IDEAL CNC / MANUAL MACHINIST:
- Must be Apprenticeship qualified with a City & Guilds or NVQ Level 3 in a relevant discipline
- Have experience in a Machinist position in a tool making / machining environment
- Be able to work to read and interpret 2D engineer drawings
- Have experience in manual milling, manual turning and jig boring
- Have experience in CNC operating and setting
- Be able to use CAM applications to programme CNC machinery
- Have knowledge and practical understanding of H&S, C.O.S.H and environmental procedures
- Have a flexible attitude towards working hours as overtime may be required
WORKING HOURS: 37 hours per week, Shift or Night working patterns available.
Rotating Shift Pattern – 1-week rotation
Shift 1: Monday to Thursday 6.00am – 14.00pm & Friday 6.00am – 11.00am
Shift 2: Monday to Thursday 14.00pm – 22.00pm & Friday 10.45am – 15.45pm
Shift Pay: £23.50 per hour
Nights – 4 days per week
Nights: Monday – Thursday 9.30pm – 6am
Nights Pay: £30.21 per hour
Key Skills: CNC / Manual Machinist, Miller, Milling, Turning, Jig Boring, CNC, Operator / Setter, Programming, CAM, Tool Making