Are you a field based engineer fed up of the miles and would prefer getting off the road? Prefer to work for a market leader in machine tool technologies with a robust training package? Or are you more driven on customer service with right first time support? Then we want to hear from you!
Due to recent expansion, we're looking for an experienced CNC field engineer to step into a newly created role within the technical support team. This business is one of the worlds leading manufacturers of CNC machine tools, providing rapid part solutions for all types of industries. They have a great staff retention rate, hiring only when the demand is there to further support what is already a very stable workforce both field and office based. With a unique training and onboarding strategy, this role is perfect for someone who wants to remain challenged technically, but with less time spent in the field.
Benefits for the role include -
Starting Salary of circa £35K depending on experience
Mobile Phone & Laptop
Life Assurance and Private Medical Care
25 days holiday plus bank holidays
Duties for the role include -
- Providing first line support to both customers and field engineers, desk bound via phone and email
- Carrying out remote fault finding and diagnosis of machine errors
- Assigning engineers to breakdowns and ensuring they're fully equipment with spares, job sheets and brief
- Liaising with various departments including spares, planning, applications engineers, and external suppliers
- Organizing collection or delivery of CNC equipment with customers
- Generating accurate service documentation and reporting
- Occasional site visits to customers if required
To be successful in this role we'd love to speak to candidates with the following experience -
- Previous field service and maintenance experience of CNC machinery including Turning and Milling
- Strong knowledge of FANUC controls
- Be able to demonstrate fault finding, troubleshooting and a deep technical understanding of machine tool faults
- Excellent customer facing skills, communication is key in this role
- IT knowledge also essential to accurately raise service documentation and log critical information
Please note, if your application is suitable, one of our consultants will call you within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful, however, we will keep your details on our talent management system to consider you for future opportunities.