Senior Construction Engineer
Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear
Vistry Partnerships - Our Story:
Delivering homes and revitalising communities is at the heart of what we do. Working with local authorities, housing associations and investors, we create lasting partnerships and deliver vibrant, sustainable places to live.
As a leading regeneration specialist, we have offices throughout England and a strong national footprint. With over 100 sites currently in production, we are recognised as an innovative and collaborative industry leader, focused on creating as many new homes of all tenures as possible.
In a Nutshell:
To be considered for the role you will currently be employed as an Engineer or Senior Engineer who has experience within the house building industry, capable of coordinating all aspects of engineering design and analysis on a variety of projects from planning through the construction phase to adoption. You will manage and report all engineering requirements as per company policies and processes.
What we would like from you:
Key Responsibilities -
- Procure service records and enquiries for new developments, including responsibility for timely payment for new services infrastructure to support build programmes
- Oversee the design and detailing carried out by externally appointed Consulting Engineer's responsible for providing designs for new estate roads and sewers, including Section 38, 104 and S278 Agreements
- Secure adoption agreements; S38, S104 and S278 to suit the development programme
- Obtain designs for foundations and where necessary have input into securing structural designs for superstructure components
- Maintain a continuous process of evaluation of Consultant's designs to ensure that proposals adhere to best practice in value Engineering
- Liaise with other Technical Team members and others as necessary to seek the discharge of building regulations and planning conditions
- To assist the Technical team with all Engineering related work and manage drawing & design issues.
- Coordinate the delivery of technical information for new and current developments including instructing and managing engineering specialist consultants and dealing with a wide range of technical issues.
- Ensure that all sites are furnished with the required information packages to ensure the smooth running of the site.
- Ensure consultants are designing the most cost effective / value engineered solutions in civil and structural designs to gain value for money on all schemes. Duties and Responsibilities:
- To check all drawings that are supplied by Consultants in relation to the Civil Engineering aspects of developments.
- To finalise adoption of all outstanding Open Space areas / play areas by Local Authorities.
- To make Bond applications to the NHBC, and discharge outstanding NHBC Engineering conditions.
- To liaise closely with Building Department to ensure sites are placed on maintenance in a timely manner and ensure adoptions take place, thereby avoiding over runs on Bonds.
- To assist with feasibility studies when required, such as establishing drainage guidelines in consultation with Water Authority and advising as to whether discharge limits are to be set.
- Prepare and monitor technical engineering and utility appraisals at a pre-planning stage prior to initial land bid or to inform the estimating team prior to submission of tender.
- Produce design team meeting minutes
- Ensure design information is distributed to Contracts Teams on time
- Develop appropriate scope of work for engineering consultants for each scheme in accordance with Vistry Partnerships Quality Management Systems.
- Engagement and management of engineering consultants for required information and achievement of agreed issue dates.
- Review and coordination of all engineering tender and construction documents.
- Assist site teams with any engineering queries that may arise through the build process.
- Work cooperatively and effectively with statutory undertakers and regional local highway authorities to ensure timely completion of legal agreements.
- Current full driving.
- CAD Literate
- Current CSCS Card
- Strong IT skills, working knowledge of computer systems within the Technical environment.
- Articulate, clear and credible, and able to thrive under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong communication skills, the ability to build effective working relationships both internally and externally.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Methodical, conscientious and organised, works to deliver high standards.
- This role requires previous experience in the construction industry gained from working as a Civil Engineer, Adoptions Engineer or within a similar Engineering role as an essential
- Ideally, the successful candidate will have gained this experience from working for a housebuilding developer.
- Relevant HND / Degree / Professional qualification desirable.
- The suitable candidate will have significant site experience in relation to the interpretation for physical implementation of civil engineer's design documents.
The Good Stuff:
Vistry Partnerships is a fast paced and exciting place to work. We offer our employees multiple opportunities to learn, develop and nurture successful careers with us.
Some of our key benefits include…
- Competitive salary and package
- 28 days holiday plus the option to buy or sell up to 5 days
- Private Healthcare
- Sharesave scheme
- Company car, car allowance or travel allowance(role and geographic dependant)
- Support with a professional membership
Vistry Group brings together the energy and talents of Bovis Homes, Linden Homes and Vistry Partnerships (formerly Galliford Try Partnerships).
With developments from Northumberland to Cornwall and Cheshire to Norfolk, Vistry Group will be delivering around 12,000 homes a year across the country, this makes us one of the top five housebuilders in the UK.
We are a real powerhouse of a business with a focus on delivering for our people, our customers, our clients, our contractors and our shareholders.
Inclusion and diversity are paramount to us within Vistry Group - we firmly believe that this culture nurtures stronger performances across the wider business. All of our applicants and employees are treated fairly and respectfully, regardless of any protected characteristic/s. If you require assistance with regards to reasonable adjustments during your application process with us, then please do not hesitate to contact us - we will always be happy to help.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.