About the project.
Hinkley Connection Project
We’re constructing a new 57km high-voltage electricity connection between Bridgwater and Avonmouth.
The line will comprise of underground cable and overhead line.
We’re installing the world’s first operational T-Pylons making this an exciting project.
We’re a young team with around 70 people so far. Our site compound is right in the country side and comes with a gym and a large communal space. We have an active social committee, so there’s always something happening – from football, to boat trips to pub lunches. And even lunch time yoga.
The site location is only 30 minutes from Bristol, 20 minutes from Bridgwater and about the same from Weston Supermare.
Although it’s seen as one big project – Hinkley Connection Project, it’s in fact two separate contracts with National Grid. But we maintain a ‘one’ team dynamic.
- Support the Project Manager /Project Engineer in their responsibility for day-to-day site-based tasks on a standard or major project(s) whilst ensuring the highest standards of safety, sustainability, environmental and quality are implemented.
On a day to day basis you will be responsible for:
- Working collaboratively with the Project Manager/Project Engineer and Support Functions to deliver your tasks and enhance solid working relationships as one team across the business;
- Planning, controlling and managing the delivery of your tasks on your project(s) utilising the necessary resource and skills, within the agreed parameters of cost,timescales and quality;
- Instilling a strong safety culture and develop the capability of our project team(s) to take personal responsibility through strong visible leadership;
- Driving yourself and others to comply with all business policies, procedures and governance;
- Supporting the Project Manager/Project Engineer lead on developing a high performance culture of one team;
- Talking positively and listen actively across the business and the people within it;
- Supporting Project Manager/Project Engineer in the day to day management of client expectations whilst promoting the value we bring.
Personal Qualities and Experience:
- Experience of supporting delivery of Delivery of major Utility or Civil engineering projects
- Knowledge of Project Management methdology;
- Experience of Site Management, including Setting to Work of Sub-Contractors.
- Commercial awareness with knowledge of both budgetary and Financial control
- Qualified in Electrical/Engineering HNC / HND
- People Management experience;
- Excellent relationship management skills;
- Ability to work across conflicting interest groups to develop solutions to complex
operational and commercial problems;
- Comfortable with ambiguity, able to tease out sensitive issues and lead cross-
functional teams towards solutions;