Who we are looking for:
Together we will be recognised for safety, efficiency and innovation.
Sellafield Ltd is a global centre for nuclear engineering management. We pioneered the harnessing of nuclear power to generate electricity for the country. Now the world is watching as we set international standards in high-hazard reduction. In short, we’re at the forefront of the industry.
We are looking to looking to recruit highly skilled Civil Equipment Services Engineers to join our Civil Equipment Programme Department who provide industry leading engineering, asset management and maintenance solutions for Sellafield Ltd.
We are interested in hearing from candidates with Civil/ Building Engineering backgrounds.
About the role
The positions will work within the Civil Equipment Programme which provides a service to the Sellafield Site on all civil assets and components. The civil assets on Sellafield typically include:
· Buildings (conventional & nuclear facilities)
· Pipe bridges
· Ducts & Trenches
· Water Retaining Structures
Civil Equipment Services Engineer at Sellafield Ltd provide a service to the Site to ensure that the Civil assets meet their required function.
Successful candidates will ensure the correct Asset Care and Maintenance of assigned civil assets is established and undertaken.
You will manage a portfolio of civil assets by closely monitoring their condition, performance and compliance with legislation and also identify, specify, initiate and prioritise either investigations, maintenance work or larger asset care tasks and projects to your assigned civil assets.
The Civil Equipment Service engineers will be able to use knowledge, experience and research to provide value for money via innovation and by using modern best fit for purpose techniques.
Ensure condition of your assigned civil assets are accurately recorded and identified on the Sellafield Asset Management Database.
Once in post you will also initiate appropriate corrective actions to achieve short and long-term resolution at an Operating Unit level.
• Prepare inspection specifications, undertake inspections and condition assessments and identify any issues with assigned civil assets.
• Understand asset life time plan requirements.
• Engage with specialists to initiate appropriate corrective actions to achieve short term and long term resolution.
• Engage supply chain contractors to carry out civil maintenance work and manage their performance by monitoring time, cost, quality and safety standards.
• Provide information to develop modifications to support the design work to ensure asset performance.
• Ability to translate technical reports and drawings, and providing advice to others
• Represent the Civil Equipment Programme Team to internal and external stakeholders, with regular interfaces with designers, contractors, consultants, facility owners & regulators
• Liaise with other stakeholders to ensure adherence to standards and the planning and alignment of activities.
• Communicate best practice and learning from experience through forums, briefings and management investigations to ensure consistency across the Sites Operating Units and the Civil Equipment Organisation.
- HNC/ HND/ Degree Qualified in Construction related discipline – i.e. Civil/Structural Engineering, Building Surveying, Construction Management, etc.
- Chartered or capable of achieving Chartership such as CIOB, ICE, RICS Experience of delivering engineering or technical solutions.
- Experience and knowledge of innovative and improvement technologies used in the industry and the associated legislation.
- Nuclear or heavily regulated Industry experience
- Previous Sellafield experience
- Chartered or working towards Chartership such as CIOB, ICE, RICS
- Pragmatic approach to problem solving & the application of ‘Fit for Purpose’
- Evidence of Continued Professional Development
- Knowledge of PAS55 & Asset Management process.
Closing Date: 13/10/2020
Diversity & Inclusion Statement
In promoting equal opportunities, Sellafield Ltd welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We select people according to their abilities and our needs. As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy.
You are advised to regularly check your emails (including any junk mail/spam folders) for correspondence related to this post, including assessment or interview invitations and any other type of correspondence relating to your application. In the event of a high number of responses to any advert, Sellafield Ltd reserves the right to close the advert early.