Embedded Software Engineer
Our client is a market leader in the development and supply of advanced POS Products and industrial weigh labelling equipment into the worlds food processing industries and major retailers.
They are a solutions provider to the major retail industry for Point of Sale products.
They have been at the forefront of POS & weigh price labelling technology for many years. Their products are used by many of the world’s leading global food processing and distribution companies.
Reporting to the Technical Manager, the Embedded Software Engineer will undertake embedded programming on company’s products and provide customer support as and when required.
Essential Job Responsibilities
The Software Engineer performs the major functions listed below. The position may require additional duties/responsibilities that may not be outlined below, and specific functions are subject to change.
- Design and implement software of embedded devices and systems from requirements to production and commercial deployment
- Design, develop, code, test and debug system software
- Review new and existing code and design
- Familiarity with software configuration management tools, defect tracking tools, and peer review
- Interface with hardware design and development
- Compose and maintain protocol documents
- Production of documentation on interfaces with various other sources
- Creation of test plans for new product development
- Integrate and validate new product designs
- Provide postproduction support including provision of tools and documentation to enable the Production Team to program hardware as required
- Second line support on embedded software to customers, distributors and Service Team
- Attendance at exhibitions if required to provide support and customer liaison
- Follow safe working practises
- Vigilant and proactive in the workplace
- Provide support for all staff in keeping with the businesses values, policies and procedures
- Complete all documents required by the company policies and procedures
- Undertake additional tasks and responsibilities as may be reasonably expected of the role and as necessary in order to achieve the objectives of the Technology team and the business goals
- Working within Health & Safety procedures and Risk Assessment guidelines at all times.
- Working in a technical, production and office environment.
- Using computer equipment.
- Ability to stand for long periods.
- Manual handling on regular basis.
- Strong documentation and writing skills
- Experience in hands-on development and troubleshooting on embedded targets
- Adequate knowledge of reading schematics and data sheets for components
- Excellent knowledge of OS coding techniques, IP protocols, interfaces and hardware subsystem
- Solid programming experience in C, C++, C#, Micro Pascal PIC, Assembler, Delphi