Functional Safety Engineer
UK Defence Sector / UK Passport Holder required.
£60-£70 per hour outside IR35.
- Carrying out Functional Safety Engineering activities with internal and customer design teams
- Provide support to Engineering teams on safety-related design topics
- Work with Safety Managers to provide evidence for design safety assurance
- UK Passport Holder
- Relevant work experience in a safety-related engineering environment
- Understanding of demonstration of compliance to international standards and client specifications
- Experience in safety assurance of COTS PE based systems or high integrity software
- Ability to understand hardware and software failure modes, causes and effects
- Experience in some areas safety/reliability analysis techniques: hazard identification and analysis, FMECA, FTA, Reliability Block Diagrams
- Familiarity with the formal safety requirements of BS EN 61508 and SIL analysis
- Experience of ship machinery control systems, Commercial or Military Maritime engineering
- Safety requirements capture and negotiation
- PLC Code Development to IEC61131 - Ladder and Function Block
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.