Manpower are currently looking to recruit an Engineering Manager for one of our clients in the Grimsby area, this position is a Full Time and Permanent position working Monday - Friday between the hours of 0800-1700.
Duties will include:
- Day to day supervision of shift engineers and technicians and maintenance shift members including prioritisation and allocation of workload
- Working closely with inbound, outbound, and other support teams on a daily basis to ensure direction of labour, and planned engineering activities fully support operation.
- Be proactive in the development of team members, Advise, lead and motivate team members, assess capability and identify and resolve training and skill requirements, be involved in disciplinary issues.
- Assessment of engineering team skills and assisting in up-skilling and training of staff, including integration of first line maintenance of plant and equipment.
- Management and development of department processes; including shift handovers, briefs, and defect reporting/resolving
- Reporting and monitoring of data capture for automation and maintenance activities
- Ability to lead from the front, driving pace accuracy and standards. As part of this be competent and experienced as an Engineer in own right, either mechanically or electrically, although must be familiar and competent with both streams of engineering to enable decision-making.
What They are looking for:
Good technical ability relating to automation hardware and software, this may include, but is not limited to:
HNC Engineering, equivalent relevant Degree coupled with relevant applied learning, Engineering Technician Apprenticeship, Electrical and/or mechanical skills preferably gained in an FMCG background to at least NVQ 3
Good organisational ability and the ability to plan and prioritise.
Sound analytical skills with an eye for detail; good problem solving ability and a practical approach.
Experience of a FMCG environment.
Experience of working with Computerised maintenance management systems
Numerate and PC literate including Word, Excel etc.
If you are interested please can you apply with you CV or call us on (phone number removed) between 0800 & 1800.