Our client based near Bournemouth Airport is recruiting for a Junior Engineer to support and undertake all aspects of preventative and reactive plant maintenance on their busy works site.
Your duties will include:
- To assist in all aspects of maintenance and repair of mobile and static plant.
- Working directly under the lead engineer to achieve the department plans and team goals.
- Investigative fault finding and repairs to breakdown situations on both mechanical and electrical equipment and to identify and report opportunities for improvement.
- To support in the completion of planned services and inspections on plant, and feedback of relevant information.
- Responsible for attending call-out duties across all sites.
- Liaising with outside agencies to organise service tasks, order spares arrange external support
- Assisting in the issuing of Permit to Work (PTW) and ensuring that all work is carried out safely in accordance with the company's Safe Systems of Work procedures and Risk Assessments.
- Order and maintain stock items for sites and engineering vehicles, ensuring that 'loops are always closed.'
- Organise documents to track services, inspections, and repairs when necessary.
- Maintain workshop cleanliness and security.
Applicants will have a Heavy Vehicle Maintenance & Repair Advanced Level 3 or similar qualification, experience of heavy plant/construction plant/recycling plant/agricultural plant or similar, experience with Electrics, Hydraulics, Engine and Transmission operation; you must also be competent in welding and fabrication
You will also possess strong communication and interpersonal skills, have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, maintaining attention to detail and accuracy. You must also be highly organised with the ability to prioritise own workload and manage time effectively; self-motivated to remain resilient and committed to achieve personal and business targets.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of the areas most prominent businesses and further develop your career and skills.
Hours of work will be Monday to Friday 07:00 am till 16:30 pm and salary will be dependent on experience, so please give details on application.
For more information please contact Jon @ Mploy Christchurch.