Chief Water Process Engineer required for leading specialists in process optimisation and design. The role will report to the Chief Process Engineer (Water).
The role will report to the Head of Engineering (Water) and the jobholder shall have responsibility for expert strategic support to business development, work winning, growth and development of the function/capability as well as management of process engineering in the water sector across the project lifecycle.
The Asset Optimisation Team provides wastewater and water process engineering consultancy to support our customers to get the very best from their assets and capital programmes.
The Engineering and Design process engineering team undertakes traditional process design services to major projects both for AMP frameworks and bespoke projects during bidding and project delivery.
You will be responsible for:
- Providing technical assurance and support to process engineers working in the water sector including,
- Technical leadership for work carried out by the process engineering discipline in the water sector ensuring that the process engineering discipline produces safe, sustainable, economic and technically sound engineering designs, in accordance with company policies and standards, meeting the Client's requirements,
- Driving innovation and continuous improvement in the work processes and tools used for design work,
- Managing the Engineering Group, to include recruitment & selection, training and development, and performance management of staff,
- Planning, organising, directing and controlling activities within the Engineering Group in order to meet defined company, plant and engineering objectives,
- Managing the engineering budget to include the assembly of yearly budgets, adhering to budgets, instigating cost improvement projects to reduce budget spend,
- Inputting and driving a 5-year site plan in terms of Engineering strategy and support,
- Ensuring all engineering work and designs are carried out to appropriate current Environmental Health and Safety Standards and Legislation,
- Initiating and promoting cross-functional partnerships,
- Reporting on departmental performance,
- Managing engineering activities to provide a high level of service with minimum disruption to business operations,
- Leading the engineering team in process designs, development, continuous improvement and any engineering aspects of technology transfer projects from other sites or building projects.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.