Graduate Systems Engineer
Location: Leamington Spa
Salary: £21,000 - £23,000 per annum
About the Company:
We are a specialist highway surveying company, providing a range of UKPMS and bespoke services to the UK and European markets including SCANNER, Visual Surveys, Skid Resistance assessments, Asset Video, Condition, and Inventory Surveys. With data critical to the effective management of highways and infrastructure assets, we are committed to providing both excellent service and unrivalled data quality.
We require a Graduate-level System’s engineer to work alongside our established team of technicians. This role will appeal to those whose hands-on approach and problem-solving skills will be utilised in a varied and challenging environment.
As such, you will be an integral member of a team responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of the data collection systems on the Company’s fleet of survey vehicles. Your knowledge of complex systems integration will also be utilised to help design and build the next generation of highway survey equipment, ensuring that Ginger Lehmann UK are at the forefront of technological innovation. Post-survey, your analytical skills will assist the data processing team in interpreting the collected data and where necessary, providing a solutions-based approach to issues that may arise.
Graduate Systems Engineer Responsibilities:
- The development and design of integrated systems that fully satisfy the requirements of the customer and the needs of the business.
- To work effectively as part of a team responsible for the installation, commissioning and repair of the data collection equipment used in highway surveys.
- Keeping up to date with emerging technologies and acquiring new skill sets as the needs arise.
- Recommend new strategies to aid the growth of the Business and improve customer experience.
- The production of high-quality documentation and reports.
- Working to deadlines with the minimum of supervision.
- Adopting a flexible approach to workloads in order to deliver excellent customer support.
- Ensure compliance with the Quality Management System, Safety Procedures and Accountancy Policies as prescribed by the Business.
Graduate Systems Engineer Requirements:
- Higher Degree in Systems Engineering or related discipline
- Systems integration skills
- Knowledge of electronic engineering with the ability to design and build electronic components and circuitry
- Strong programming skills in C++, C#, Python, Java
- Web based interface development.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A team player with a problem solving, hands-on work ethic
- A flexible approach to work based around the needs of the business
- Excellent report writing skills
- Experience of testing, calibration, and measurement instrumentation
- Knowledge of digital camera and imaging technology
- Knowledge of laser-based data collection systems.
- Knowledge of GIS systems would be an advantage
- Experience of Matlab, SQL databases and Android programming
- Project management skills
- A good understanding of HCI principles
- Familiarity with software version control systems
If you think that you are suitable for this Graduate Systems Engineer role, please apply now!
Closind Date: 27th September