Electrical Hardware Design Engineer – West Side of Birmingham – Senior Level Role - £40-45k + overtime
Samuel Frank Associates require an experienced Electrical Hardware Design Engineer to join a very well established manufacturing company on the West side of Birmingham. The role will suit an Electrical Hardware Design Engineer who has a demonstrable track record of designing full electrical systems from scratch and who is also capable of project engineering and managing the delivery. This person will work closely alongside the production and manufacturing departments and provide technical support as required. It is also expected that the Electrical Hardware Design Engineer will ensure compliance with all design, regulatory and test requirements and be knowledgeable with CAD packages (ideally AutoCAD).
The main responsibilities of the Electrical Hardware Design Engineer include;
- Preparation and configuration of standard and custom wiring drawings
- Completion of design work, drawing creation and technical documentation
- Project managing, attending meetings, organising labour and supervision on site.
- Work with suppliers to ensure projects meet performance requirements
- Provide technical support
- Ensure compliance with design & test requirements
- Developing test rigs, models and prototype control systems
The key factors the position requires include –
- HNC/HND or Degree qualified in Electrical Engineering or related subject
- Experience of Electrical design within automation, product handling or special purpose machinery
- Working understanding of wiring diagrams & control packages
- Reading and understanding design specifications and technical drawings
- Experienced in the use of CAD (ideally AutoCAD) and Microsoft software packages
- Full UK driving licence
The company is part of a globally recognised group so the kudos and gravitas of working for the group is a going to be a major positive for the successful applicant.
The role is mainly office based with a small amount of site work expected. The clients’ premises are commutable from the following places – Birmingham, Stourbridge, Smethwick, Dudley, West Bromwich, Halesowen, Kingswinford, Bromsgrove, Walsall and Wolverhampton.