Join the successful Engineering team of a well-established and highly-regarded supplier of environmental sampling product and solutions.
The Lead Installation Technician is responsible for installing CEMS (Continuous Emissions Monitoring Systems) and Fixed Gas Detection projects on site to the required standard, deadline and budget.
The Company offers a wide range of manufactured, integrated or straight resale fixed or portable solutions that cater for a number of applications, typically: personal safety (gas, leak and odour detection) and environmental protection (integrated continuous emissions monitoring solutions). Solutions are provided to a variety of industries, including: oil and gas, energy from waste, power, water utility, petrochemical, commercial/industrial refrigeration and manufacturing.
The key responsibilities of this Lead Installation Technician role include, but are not limited to:
- In the absence of the I&C Manager, lead the installation team, ensuring adherence to Company/site regulations, terms and conditions;
- Function as site liaison as required, attending briefing and debriefing meetings as required;
- Complete and adhere to site permits;
- Comply with all requests to attend training in order to eventually control all aspects of commissioning with a full working knowledge of CEMs systems;
- Responsible for preparing Installations, ensuring installation stock levels are maintained also identifying any additional equipment required;
- Use your working knowledge of electrical systems – you will be responsible for the installation and cold commissioning of the Company’s systems, and supervision of technicians/contract staff on site, co-operating fully with the customers’ expectations;
- Work to H&S Policy, BS7671, customer/company technical specifications, project drawings/cable schedules and British/European standards;
- Carry out Onsite Dynamic Risk Assessments;
- Carry out cold commissioning of analysers and additional equipment to factory settings;
- Assist service engineers with hand over from installation to commissioning;
- Responsible for fixing/resolving snags on installations;
- Give feedback to the Engineering department for potential design changes to help continually improve systems that are in the field.
You could be the ideal candidate for this Lead Installation Technician job vacancy if you have the following skills and experience:
- HNC or equivalent qualification in a technical subject;
- Experience with instrumentation in previous roles;
- Knowledge of electrical distribution/gas sampling/analysis pipework/pneumatics;
- Knowledge of gas detection/CEMS is highly desirable but not essential;
- Experience working at heights;
- Extremely well organised and structured;
- Self-motivated, with a keen eye for detail and quality;
- Computer literate;
- Availability to travel extensively throughout the UK and Europe, working away Monday to Friday, and occasionally at weekends;
- Valid full UK driving licence;
- Located in Cheshire/Greater Manchester/Merseyside and within easy access of the major motorway network.
The package for this role comprises a competitive salary, plus a generous 'working away allowance', company van and benefits.