This is an exciting development for McCormick. Construction is underway for a new condiment manufacturing facility, opening in 2021.
This is a great opportunity to join our team, bringing to life our future condiments manufacturing facility, located in Peterborough, UK. Our vision is to build a sustainable, innovative McCormick factory-of-the-future to support our Flavour Solutions customers.
- Ensure practical implementation and operational adherence to quality systems and food safety requirements as specified by the Quality governance team, including but not limited to HACCP, internal audits and inspections, Allergen PCS routines
- Deputise as appropriate for the Quality Systems and Food Safety Lead, including deputising as appropriate in accordance with Incident Management protocols. Be the executional lead for operational quality or food safety incidents.
- Implement Quality and Food Safety systems and programs within operations as per the standards set by the quality governance team, including, HACCP, glass control, allergen validations, foreign body controls, internal food safety inspections and food defense.
- Co-ordinate the role out of Quality & Food Safety Training programs within Operations. Ensure that all Operational staff receive relevant training and achieve the minimum agreed understanding of the training and how it applies to their role within McCormick.
- Conduct daily Standard defect audits to ensure CTQ & CCP compliance to required standards as determined by the quality governance team. Conduct internal inspections and audits to ensure that operations follow the required regulatory, customer, corporate and third-party accreditations.
- Primary point of escalation for Operations with Quality and Food Safety non-conformances, CTQ and CCP deviations
- Routine analysis, trending, reporting of quality & food safety RCA & CAPA to ensure appropriate handling, response and resolution of internal and external audits, Customer complaints and KPI deviations.
- Implementation of quality & food safety control plans (as determined by quality governance team) for projects undertaken on the within Operations, including installations, modification of equipment, buildings and processes.
- Further educated to Higher National Certificate or equivalent
- Demonstratable working experience in Manufacturing quality.
- Similar leadership role experience in a food manufacturing environment working within Quality Management Systems
- HACCP Level 3, internal audit / inspection qualifications
- Practical knowledge and experience of: BRC, HACCP implementation, Allergen management, six sigma lean principals and tools
- Ability to work autonomously, without direct supervision.
- Ability to provide supervision, conduct competency assessments and deliver training.
At McCormick, we bring our passion for flavor to work each day. We encourage growth, respect everyone's contributions and do what's right for our business, our people, our communities and our planet. Join us on our quest to make every meal and moment better.
Founded in Baltimore, MD in 1889 in a room and a cellar by 25-year-old Willoughby McCormick with three employees, McCormick is a global leader in flavour. With 12,400 employees around the world and more than $5 Billion in annual sales., the Company manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavourful products to the entire food industry, retail outlets, food manufactures, food service businesses and consumers
While our global headquarters are in the Baltimore, Maryland, USA area, McCormick operates and serves customers from nearly 50 locations in 27 countries and 135 markets in Asia-Pacific, China, Europe, Middle East and Africa, and the Americas, including North, South and Central America with recognized brands includingSchwartz.
At McCormick, we have over a 100-year legacy based on our “Power of People” principle. This principle fosters an unusually dedicated workforce requiring a culture of respect, recognition, inclusion and collaboration based on the highest ethical values.
If you are looking for a new challenge and want to join a highly motivated team in a rewarding environment, seeking a competitive salary and benefits package and opportunity to work with a global flavour leader.
Agencies: McCormick as needed will work with external recruitment vendors through our Agency Portal. Unless previously contacted, McCormick does not accept unsolicited resumes from external recruiting agencies.
McCormick is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.