Automation Project Manager - Northern Ireland
I am currently recruiting a Automation Project Manager for a large biopharmaceutical company based in Northern Ireland. This position is ideally suited to an Project Manager / Senior Project Engineer to take up a Project Manager managing a large portfolio of Automation Projects Globally across Ireland, UK, USA and Asia within the centralised capital projects team.
The role will be responsible for the planning, management, coordination and financial control of automation projects.
- Establish through consultation with project stakeholders the project requirements, scope of work and major project milestones, and thus determine mutually agreeable project objectives.
- Manage and influence project stakeholder groups and coordinate automation project resource to ensure successful project delivery.
- Ensure that automation system solutions are delivered within the timeframes established, agreed budget and in accordance with GAMP5 and other industry standards.
- Monitor, report and escalate project issues, risks, changes and progress to project stakeholders, sponsors, and line management.
- Lead the development of practical and cost effective automation solutions taking full account of the many competing factors; technical, operational and economic.
- Initiate enquiries with system vendors, evaluate technical proposals and prepare accurate and realistic budget estimates and milestone project programmes for the purpose of gaining approval to acquire capital funds by management.
- Support tender process and supplier/contractor selection without bias in order to determine the optimal economic and technical solution for the business, and support the preparation of appointment and contract documentation.
- Organise testing, commissioning and validation of new facilities and equipment, assuring quality assurance, environmental, health and safety factors in alignment
- Limit the companies’ liabilities, by ensuring that industry standards, codes of practice and statutory requirements are incorporated into all stages of the project.
- Liaise with external design consultants, engineers and contractors during the project execution ensuring all work carried out by them is within the requirements of the overall project remit.
The successful candidates will be a degree qualified or HND / BTECH qualified Software / electronic or electrical engineer with experience in managing a large portfolio of Automation Capex Projects and possess.
- Knowledge of Automation systems such as: DCS Process control systems, BMS, EMS and Server Client SCADA systems
- Experience in commissioning and qualification activities.
- Knowledge of engineering / automation standards and best practice.
- Knowledge of process safety management.
This position is offered on a permanent basis, with a very competitive salary and benefits package with over 34 days holiday and flexible working arrangements. It offers excellent career progression and the ability to take on projects globally across Ireland, UK, USA and Asia.
If you are a strong Automation Project Manager / Senior Project Engineer wishing to take up a glabl role within a world leading pharmaceutical business in their centralised capital projects team then please apply online or call Paul for more information.