2x Automation Project Engineer - Northern Ireland
I am currently recruiting two Automation Project Engineer's for a large biopharmaceutical company based in Northern Ireland. This position is ideally suited to an Automation Engineer / EC&I Engineer wishing to take up a Project Engineering position with a global business in their rapidly expanding centralised capital projects team.
The role will be responsible for specification, design, development, installation, testing and administration of control systems to the highest industrial and pharmaceutical standard. The focus of the work will be to ensure that automation systems operate efficiently and safely, and in compliance with cGXP regulation.
- Provide technical support for new and existing automation systems on site
- Apply knowledge of automation systems to manage the specification, design, and implementation of building automation and process control solutions in accordance with GAMP 5 and other recognised industry best practices.
- Manage the upgrade/patching/modification of existing systems, providing technical input to the assessment of impact from the proposed change, and initiating and following the relevant change management process
- Commission automation systems, and manage the resolution of deficiencies through to completion
- Identify training requirements and provide technical training for operations, engineering and maintenance staff in the use of new and existing automation systems
- Supervise and co-ordinate outside contractors
- Liaise with group IS /IT to ensure interfaces between automation systems and IS / IT systems are clearly understood, setup and managed appropriately
- Identify new technology that could be used to provide real business benefit.
- Assist in the development of Engineering Services automation standards and good engineering practices
- Undertake other duties in relation to the position as the Company requires, including working additional hours as requested by the Automation Manager
The successful candidates will be a degree qualified or HND / BTECH qualified Software / electronic or electrical engineer with experience in
- Experience of specification, design, installation commissioning of Building Management Systems such as Eurotherm Wonderware, Satchwell, Schneider, or Cylon
- Experience on Emerson DeltaV- DCS configuration to include new installations and modifications on existing plant.
- Field instrumentation experience (specifying, configuring, troubleshooting, etc), and understanding low voltage electrical designs and drawings
- Practical experience of tuning PID control loops
- Experience of industrial communication protocols e.g. Modbus, BACnet
- Experience of maintaining / configuration of electronic chart recorder, e.g. Eurotherm
This position is offered on a permanent basis, with a very competitive salary and benefits package with over 34 days holiday and flexible working arrangements. It offers excellent career progression and the ability to take on projects globally across Ireland, UK, USA and Asia.
If you are a strong EC&I Engineer or Automation Engineer wishing to take up a role with a global pharmaceutical business in their centralised capital projects team then please apply online or call Paul for more information.