Mechanical Engineer - Building Services
Building / Construction - Bristol
We are recruiting for a Mechanical Engineer to join a reputable building contractor to join the team working on upcoming building services projects.
My client is a reputable M&E contractor, with a busy and fast growing workload.
• Input at tender / cost planning stage including evaluating M&E Consultants specifications and tender drawings
• Prepare tender lists for specialist sub-contractors and major plant / equipment
• Analyse bids and quotations for specification compliance
• Raise technical queries RFI's
• Delivery of Construction issue co-ordinated working drawings to programme
• Checking and sign off of Co-ordinated working drawings for compliance, maintainability and commissionabilty prior to issue
• Delivery of plant and equipment to meet programme (incl factory witness testing)
• Raise and agree technical submissions
• Management of design team to meet their obligations (organising / chairing design workshops)
• Liaison with Construction team members (incl site inspections)
• Manage expectations for MEP in relation to programme input.
• Liaison with sub-contractors and suppliers to ensure order completeness, spec compliance and interface with electrical and construction elements
• Management of CDP Specialists such as Sprinklers, BMS etc
• Engineering of Contractors responsibilities such as fan / pump sizing, bracketry, expansion etc
• Preparation and monitoring of Client and design changes
To be considered for this Mechanical Engineer role you must meet the following criteria:
- Knowledge of Building Sector.
- Previous employment as a Mechanical Engineer, Mechanical Project Engineer or Mechanical Contracts Engineer.
- Previous experience in building sector projects such as Commercial, Mixed Use, Residential, Apartment Blocks, Student Accommodation, Hotels, Extra Care Housing, MOJ, Industrial, Education or Healthcare.
- High level of communication skills.
- Relevant industry qualification (Degree / HND / HNC etc).
The successful Mechanical Engineer will receive:
*Competitive Basic (Dependent on experience)
*Car / Allowance
To be considered for this vacancy or to find out more information please apply now.
Services advertised by Talk Recruitment are that of an employment business and/or agency.