As Project Manager you will be joining a world-leading integrated project and programme management consultancy. A truly global organisation, the Belfast office have been appointed to assist in the delivery of a number of civil engineering infrastructure projects in Northern Ireland.
As Project Manager your responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Define project requirements and scope and prepare Project Brief
- Develop and maintain Project Execution Plan
- Liaise with statutory authorities and ensure consent approvals
- Manage design development process and technical approvals
- Support development of project Business Case (Economic Appraisal)
- Develop project budget costs and contingency (risk allowance) and manage through project life cycle.
- Develop project schedule and critical path and where required, manage programmes in accordance with company Procedures and best practice.
- Develop procurement and contracts strategy for all suppliers and contractors and manage the procurement process
- Plan and manage contracts in accordance with Company procedures
- Develop and maintain project Risk Register and Issues Log
- Maintain Lessons Learned Log
- Manage Change Control
- Prepare monthly projects progress reports on cost, quality, schedule, health and safety, risk etc.
- Make presentations on a monthly basis to a Project Board
- Carry out Site Inspections to assure compliance with progress, quality, safety and environmental requirements
- Minimum of a degree in a construction related subject such as Civil Engineering or Construction Engineering and Management.
- Minimum of 8 years' experience working major civil engineering / construction works to include at least 3 years project management experience.
- Sound knowledge and experience of project management methodologies and documentation.
- Experience in managing construction contracts and proven experience in managing project budgets and schedules.
- Effective report writing skills, strong planning and organisational skills across a range of complex activities.
- Experience in leading project teams and managing multiple stakeholders including experience in presenting to/ negotiating with senior stakeholders.
- Experience in managing NEC3 Professional Service and/or Works Contracts
- Project Management accreditation (IPMA Level D or above) e.g. APMP, PRINCE2 or appropriate professional body membership
You will also have excellent organisational, interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal and the ability to act within a team at all times.
If you feel this Project Manager role is something you may be interested in and you would like to be considered please apply via the button shown and we will contact you upon receipt of your application to discuss your suitability and the role specifics in more detail.
Please also be aware that any correspondence or discussions related to this opportunity will be conducted with the utmost of confidentiality.
This vacancy is being advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd. The services advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd are those of an Employment Agency on behalf of our client.