Role: Contract CADCAM Manufacturing Engineer
Hourly rate: £30 – 40 per hour – LTD Company
Duration: 3-6 months
Company: Global Precision Engineering company supplying into Nuclear, Power and Marine industries
This is a fantastic contract opportunity to work for a global precision engineering business who pride themselves on delivering high quality and innovative engineering solutions into several critical industries.
Recent investment and the development of market-leading products has created the need to appoint an experienced CADCAM Manufacturing Engineer to join the team based in Birmingham.
As the CADCAM Manufacturing Engineer you work in conjunction with the Manufacturing Engineering Manager or Tech Lead and will be responsible for the writing, implementation, monitoring, maintaining and improving methods of Manufacturing to achieve an efficient cost-effective high standard of quality production. This role will cover all three Manufacturing Engineering landscapes which are Manufacturing Capability Acquisition, New Product Introduction (NPI) and Continuous Improvement.
The role will involve the co-ordination, development and efficiency of team members to work productively and efficiently resolving any issues effectively to ensure the success of the team within the business unit.
To be successful in this position this role requires an engineer which is fully conversant in writing offline programmes using the CADCAM Package Solidworks and SolidCAM. Currently, this company is investing in some simulation software to make the proving out process of writing program much easier. Hpwever, as this software isn’t currently live the successful engineer will need to have demonstrable experience of writing programs and creating parts without having to rely on simulation software.
The CADCAM Manufacturing Engineer in conjunction with the Manufacturing Engineering Manager or Tech Lead will be responsible for either Capability Acquisition, New Product Introduction or Continuous improvement as business demands shift, which apply throughout the company, ensuring they meet the requirements and providing support to other members of the Manufacturing Engineering Team.
To be successful in this position, ideally, you’ll have the following skills and experience.
- HNC / City & Guilds / degree or time served apprentice in an engineering-related subject.
- Significant previous experience in engineering/manufacturing in a precision manufacturing environment is essential.
- Excellent proven work experience in process engineering.
- Excellent working knowledge of manufacturing systems, machining, assembly and test.
- Proven ability with problem solving tools and techniques.
- Knowledge of process related standards.
- An understanding of Solidworks and SolidCAM Essential
- Have understanding and practical working knowledge of CNC machine tools
- Ability to read and understand mechanical drawings and NC code.
- Experience of working within a result driven environment with skills in managing both core process and bringing a creative and innovative approach.
- Broad based technical and business knowledge of the Nuclear/Defence industry is desirable.
- Experience in a metrics focused environment including weekly and monthly quarterly reporting and analysis.
- Knowledge of Defence standards and accreditations is desirable.
- Experience of working with and implementing Lean manufacturing tools and techniques.
- Strong computer literate skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Familiarity with health and safety regulations.
- Analytical thinker with interpersonal skill.
This contract opportunity offers a great hourly rate between £30 – 35 per hour based on experience. The duration of the contract is initially 3 months but is highly likely to be extended further. We are looking for the successful applicant to start this position as soon as possible.
Please click on the apply button or contact Matthew Buchanan at Mercury Hampton directly. We aim to respond to all successful applicants within 48 hours, however, if you have not heard from us within 7 working days please consider yourself unsuccessful on this application.