Engineering Manager – Sheffield – Competitive Salary
Clemence Rogers are currently recruiting for an Engineering Manager to join a manufacturing company in Sheffield.
Key responsibilities of an Engineering Manager:
• Work closely with business leaders and line management providing expert guidance on all departmental matters
• Keep all employees informed of key organisational issues
• Act as the externally facing representative for Engineering
• Report to senior management by analysing data and using relevant metrics
• Provide day to day advice to line managers on all engineering issues
• To lead, motivate and inspire your teams to achieve departmental objectives.
• Ensure the teams, through regular briefings and consultations, plays a full role within the context of the site and business to facilitate optimal performance
• Motivate, train and develop the team, managing its performance, to maintain an effective and flexible workforce capable of meeting its current and projected objectives.
• Deliver training, performance reviews, and development as appropriate.
• Liaise with management, production, and sales staff to discuss project specifications and procedures.
• Coordinate and direct projects, making detailed plans to accomplish goals and directing the integration of technical activities.
• Analyse technology, resource needs, and market demand, to plan and assess the feasibility of projects.
• Develop and implement policies, standards and procedures for the engineering and technical work performed in the department.
• Ensure production targets are met.
• Significant amount of planning and liaising with both internal and external stakeholders.
• Identify weakness in team/process and implement improvements.
• Delegate workloads appropriately within the team.