Exciting opportunity - Mechanical Engineer (Graduate)
Location - West Dunbartonshire
Salary - £20,000-£25,000
Type - Permanent
This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast growing organisation that manufactures products for various sectors including research, forensics and industrial. The role provides an opportunity for professional enhancement whilst contributing to new product development.
We are seeking a mechanical engineer who will fit in with our clients ethos, culture and will contribute to the overall success and growth of the company.
Working on products from R&D right through to production will require build processes and documentation to be in place that you will create, in part or full, which you will then need to train production to follow. You should be committed to design for Manufacture (DfM), have a methodical approach, and not be afraid to propose and discuss solutions.
The Role - Mechanical Engineer (Graduate)
- Design of mechanical parts for new products
- Contribute to customer special requests
- Maintenance of part drawings
- Liaise with suppliers
- Create and maintenance of BOMs (Bills of material)
- 2:1 in Mechanical Engineering or similar relevant experience
- Proficiency with 3-D Modelling software ie SolidWorks
- Proficient using Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel PowerPoint
- Solution driven
- Can do attitude
- Experience in designing precision movements
- Experience with heat management/ cooling
- Knowledge of supplier manufacturing methods
- A good grasp of the trade offs between cost/ performance of different materials and builds to different tolerances
If you are keen to find out more or wish to apply to this role (Mechanical Engineer) please attach your recent CV and hit the apply button.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Cordant People who are operating as an employment agency. Cordant People are an equal opportunities employer.
Cordant is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Cordant Group is an equal opportunities employer