Omexom is a brand through which VINCI Energies undertakes its Transmission & Distribution activities. VINCI Energies is a community of incredible people, empowered to create world-changing industrial, digital and energy infrastructures. Our vision to create a better future sits at the heart of everything we do. At Omexom you are free to be who you are and what you want to be. You can be part of a community that fosters entrepreneurial spirit and supports you in your personal development.
We offer a flexible working environment with strong benefits such as 25 days holidays, matched pension contributions, a generous company share scheme, healthcare cover and free parking.
We’re a team of enthusiastic entrepreneurs continuously seeking to deliver the promises of the digital and energy revolutions. Our culture is reflected in our values which we embody by empowering and bringing together amazing peopl
Reporting directly to the Finance Business Partner within the Omexom UK Substations business unit, has arisen due to recent contract awards and increased financial requirements and the need for additional accounting support. The successful candidate will be a self-motivated and well-organised individual.
The post is specifically focused on:
- Completion of Business Unit Cost Trackers with Project Manager
- Review and Post weekly payroll journal
- Review of Business Unit Credit Card expenditure
- Journal entries including accruals, pre-payments, monthly invoices and statements.
- Preparation of information to generate monthly accounts
- Processing of regular payment runs
- Monitoring and relocation of costings to correct accountancy codes and projects
- Provision of assistance to Substations Finance Business Partner in providing information for reports and preparation of spreadsheets
- Preparation and inputting of Omexom invoicing as part of the billing process
- Liaising with managers, colleagues and external companies to respond to ad hoc queries
- Month-end checking and reporting
- Track and resolve accounting problems and discrepancies as required
- Transacting Inter-company invoicing/payments
Essential Skills and Competencies:
The successful applicant should be able to demonstrate an aptitude for financial matters and processes, with an emphasis on accuracy and attention to detail. They should be able to demonstrate the ability to work effectively alone or as part of a team.
- Part Qualified / Qualified Accountant
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral.
- Experience of:
- Meeting targets in a commercial environment
- Managing budgets
- Planning works in the most efficient manner
- A proven understanding of safety and quality and how to manage them.
This role will be based within our Belfast office. The job requires a considerable degree of commitment, flexibility and adaptability on the part of the jobholder to meet quality standards and work deadlines.
Omexom is an Equal Opportunities Employer.