About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Section Engineer to join our Regional team to work on site in Wokingham.
Leading a small team of Engineers, you will be working on a £12m highways project due to start this summer. Works include the construction of new roads, roundabouts, and four bridges (one over Network Rail train lines). Applicants should have experience of highways projects and will have ideally worked alongside Network Rail.
What you'll be doing
As a Section Engineer, your main responsibilities are as follows:
- Reviews Method Statements and Risk Assessments and makes improvements as appropriate
- Guides and coaches subordinates in resolution of construction issues, drawing on experience and accepted industry best practice
- Implements systems and processes to support construction of the works in accordance with the specification (eg Materials Approval, NCR, Handover Documentation)
- Cross references section programme to three weekly programme and ensures compatibility
- Drafts correspondence to sub-contractors, suppliers and Client
Who we're looking for
The following qualities and experience are essential:
- Holds a current driving license and CSCS Card. SMSTS qualified
- Good working knowledge of current H&S Legislation
- Allocates correct resource levels and identifies additional requirements
- Able to measure and track KPIs for enhanced productivity
- Awareness of procurement practice
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering). Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums co uk Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.