A highly professional technology R&D company is looking for a bright Manufacturing Engineer to join their multidisciplinary team based just outside of Cambridge. They offer an exciting and challenging working environment where development timescales are short and the specifications demanding, but ultimately highly rewarding! The Manufacturing Engineer will be responsible for design for manufacturing and design transfer to manufacture of products and processes in a broad array of different sectors including industrial systems, consumer electronics, healthcare and energy.
We believe this is an excellent opportunity to join a highly technical company that's truly exciting and definitely going places!
Manufacturing Engineer job requirements:
- Good degree (BSc, BEng, MEng etc.) in Mechanical Engineering, Production Engineering, Electronics or similar Engineering or Physical Sciences.
- Experience in design of products and processes from concept to the late stage projects with a focus on process development and manufacturing realisation activities such as DFMA, pFMEA and QC plan, process validation IQ/OQ/PQ along with process equipment development - URS/TRS/FAT/SAT.
- Ability to write technical documents in a methodical and timely manner
- Good hands-on expertise in areas such as: concept generation; system level design; engineering analysis and detail design; 3D CAD; prototyping and lab testing; design for high and low volume manufacture; design for high reliability; transfer to manufacture; manufacturing process development; world class manufacturing principles
- Ability to communicate/present to clients at all levels, commercial awareness and ability to spot sales opportunities.
This really is a superb company to work for - a variety of fast moving, high tech projects and the chance to work with some of the brightest Engineers & Scientists in the UK. The company also puts a high degree of emphasis on personal development and invests heavily in ongoing training and professional development. The pay's good too!