Location: Forres, Morayshire, IV36 2GW
Salary: Competitive plus benefits
Contract: Full time, Permanent
James Jones & Sons Ltd is one of the UK's largest and most progressive timber companies with core activities in sawmilling, I-Joist and pallet manufacture.
We operate five sawmills throughout Scotland; an engineered wood manufacturing plant in the north of Scotland and have pallet and packaging operations at fifteen sites across the UK. We produce high quality, British grown sawn timber for the construction, pallet, packaging, fencing and agricultural sectors and pallets and packaging for blue chip domestic and exporting businesses.
In addition, we are the market leaders in the supply of JJI-Joists to many of the UK’s top house builders. Having recently expanded our engineered timber processing facilities at Forres we are looking for an additional maintenance engineer to join our small engineering team.
The applicant must be prepared to work shift systems (including night shift) and out of hours working.
The Role – Maintenance Engineer:
The main purpose of this role is to provide front line engineering support to the manufacturing operations and ensure that plant runs effectively and efficiently. Within this role your main responsibilities will include health and safety and quality and engineering procedures. You will carry out planned maintenance inspections; continually overhaul equipment, monitor plant conditions and report defects.
Working as part of the maintenance team you will be involved in preventative maintenance, fault finding and breakdowns as required.
You should be able to demonstrate the following:
- A proven track record and experience of a similar role within an engineering environment.
- Knowledge of pneumatics, hydraulics and electrical control systems.
- A team player with a strong sense of personal responsibility/ownership and a positive “can do” attitude.
- When required, to actively support the engineering team carrying out multi-skill tasks.
- Improvising ability under breakdown conditions.
In addition to this you must have:
- The ability to communicate in English as well as comprehend written instructions.
- Previous work experience in a factory environment would be beneficial.
- A driving licence is essential.
- Applicants must be able to prove that they are eligible to work in the UK without sponsorship.
An attractive remuneration package is available to the right individual.
If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience to be successful in this role click on “APPLY” today, forwarding an up to date copy of your CV (stating current salary) for consideration in the first instance.
No agencies please.