In this role you will be responsible for the leadership, organisation, control and development of the engineering team, who are responsible for maintaining the plant, buildings and other facilities in an effective and safe manner, to assist the site in delivering its business plan. The Site Engineering Manager will have primary focus on delivering site performance improvement through development of the site's Maintenance Programme, Project Management, Best Practice share/innovation and the Control of the sub-contractors procedure.
People development and engagement is fundamental to the delivery of these improvements as we seek to enhance the skills within the organisation to deliver the long-term goals. It is essential to build strong working relationships with the Senior Management Team to deliver improvements in site efficiencies and key performance improvements.
- Responsibility for the site wide maintenance activity. Maintenance of the site; ensuring that all facilities are maintained and in a fit working state. Ensuring that all the relevant HSE procedures are followed and adhered to by the Engineering Dept. team.
- Highly motivated by the challenge of Continuous Improvement, you will understand the very latest tools and techniques to lead the department, engineering improvement and best practice sharing. Proactively intervene to highlight and resolve site engineering issues, recommend and initiate new ideas, best practice and problem-solving solutions.
- Able to work in a calm, controlled and effective manner in a fast-moving production environment you will provide stability and guidance to the site management and engineering teams.
- Develop, manage and control the department's annual budget on time. Control and manage costs to ensure the department meet or improves its cost commitments. Contribute to the annual budget process to provide a schedule of capital expenditure items and proactively suggest cost saving measures to the senior team.
- Ensure the site is maintained and presented to the highest standards (within set budgets).
- Effective communication on any issues to ensure the smooth and effective running of the site.