As a member of the Manufacturing Engineering Group, you will be involved with developing, implementing, improving and sustaining manufacturing processes and the introduction of new products within a specialised electro-mechanical assembly & test environment.
Primarily supporting the manufacture of a range of complex and specialist products.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Map and monitor processes to identify gaps between current and future states and identify initiatives using known technology to close gaps, demonstrating their impact on KPIs.
- Minimise operations downtime by establishing proactive maintenance programs.
- Responding to process issues using 8D problem solving techniques, soliciting observations from operators and providing guidance for technicians.
- Repairing equipment to minimise disruption to service, managing special services.
- Lead and support Continuous Improvement initiatives by using Kaizen and Lean techniques.
- Assist with the development of new/existing processes by studying product requirements, designing, modifying and validating manufacturing/test equipment and methods.
- Assist with the generation of equipment specifications.
- Assist with proposing technology investments to shift performance and provide future capability by conferring with the design authority and equipment vendors.
- Purchase and install equipment
- Plan workflow, space requirements, facilities and layouts using CAD.
- Design production jigs, tooling and fixtures using CAD.
- Generate and maintain process documentation (SOP’s and tooling, BOMs and Routings) using Engineering Change procedure.
- Participate in the generation and development of FMEAs
- Provide advice and manufacturing information to other departments.
- Proactively engage to improve Health & Safety in all areas of influence to maintain compliance with local legislation.
Essential skills and experience
- Degree / HNC in an Engineering discipline
- A proven track record of performing in a Manufacturing Engineer position
- Experienced user of modern technology
- Electro/Mechanical Assembly & Test experience
- Experienced in Engineering Change
- Strong interpersonal and oral/ written communication skills.
- Detail-oriented with strong planning and organisational skills.
- Effective problem identification and resolution skills.
Desirable skills and experience
- Design for manufacturing experience ( DFM)
- Experience in New Product Introduction (NPI)
- CAD user
- Experience of using Quality Tools
- Experience of working within a continuous improvement/Lean manufacturing environment
To hear more about this opportunity, apply through the link and we will call you to discuss the position and company in more detail.