Civil Engineering Undergraduate – Competitive – Kilbirnie (12 month placement)
Are you an aspiring civil engineer on a placement year? McLaughlin & Harvey, one of the leading building and civil engineering contractors operating throughout the UK and Ireland, has an exciting opening for a Civil Engineering Undergraduate Placement.
The successful candidate will gain training across relevant departments by getting involved in interesting and challenging work. Recent projects include: Peterhead Harbour, Luton Airport, and Blackpool Winter Garden Centre.
The key responsibilities of a Civil Engineering Undergraduate Placement include, but are not limited to:
- Playing a key role in helping to deliver projects on time and under budget.
- Putting university knowledge into practice by working with experienced colleagues on a range of high profile projects.
- Travelling and working away from home.
McLaughlin & Harvey are one of the leading building, civil engineering and facilities management contractors operating throughout the UK and Ireland, with a reputation for undertaking high quality work.
Formed in 1853, McLaughlin & Harvey works across various sectors, with over 700 staff. We take pride in our proactive stakeholder engagement, through which we have facilitated a sustainable business that supports the health, safety, welfare and overall well-being of our workforce.
The key skills and qualities of a Civil Engineering Undergraduate Placement:
- The successful candidate must be an undergraduate studying a relevant degree.
- Solid problem-solving skills, with the ability to think methodically.
- Sound mathematical, scientific and IT skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- An ability to attend to detailed technicalities.
If you are keen on joining this exciting, forward thinking company and taking the next step in your career, then please click the apply now button to find out more.