Roke imagines a more secure world. A world where technology protects, rather than exposes. A world where expert engineers, consultants and business support staff collaborate to protect what matters most to our clients. Roke is a world-class technology and engineering consultancy. Roke delivers advanced research, development services and products to high profile customers who come to Roke with varied and challenging problems to solve.
We are looking for a new Infrastructure Engineer to join our Defence Business Unit that has experience with the full project lifecycle from design to deployment who want to work with a variety of projects across multiple domains. This would provide a good opportunity to work with teams within Cloud Architecture, IT and Networking, Security and working with DevOps/AI and ML.
We are a friendly and flexible team with a culture of ‘time, trust and freedom’. The role may give the opportunity to work on client site, from the office, in shared workspaces or from home as necessary. We pride ourselves on listening to each other’s aspirations and accommodating wherever possible.
Roke are a leading technology & engineering company with clients spanning National Security, Defence, Consulting and Industry areas. We work alongside our customers to solve their complex and unique challenges.
Your projects will be diverse – working with varying clients, across a number of sectors, using a range of skills. Consequently, we are looking for individuals able to work flexibly across projects in different domains. You might apply your skills to rapidly prototype new approaches & solutions. Equally, you may apply them to complement or advance existing solutions.
- Work with Customers/Internal Technical teams to determine Architectural Requirements and then produce technical documents and presentations.
- Ability to Design and Build IT Networks based on “on-prem”, Cloud or Hybrid Infrastructure.
- Experience in design of systems that utilise virtual infrastructure such as VMWare product family.
- Hands on configuration of Microsoft Active Directory, Windows 10 and DNS and DHCP.
- Familiar with creating security policies for users,groups,objects and supporting the production of Security documentation.
- Design and Operation of security products such as Firewalls, IDS, IPS and encryption devices
- Experience in design and build of layer 2 and layer 3 Networks including switching, routing and virtual networking including WiFi Networks.
- Ability to work with vendors to obtain quotes as part of solutions or in determining SoW.
- Always fully comply with Roke’s policies and procedures
- Undertake such other reasonable duties, commensurate with the job holder’s experience and qualifications, as may be required for the smooth operation of the business
Why We Want You
Beyond your technical skills, you will be proactive and able to communicate effectively with a variety of internal and external stakeholders. You will work well alone or as part of a team. You will be curious and seek out the best approach/solution/tool for the job at hand.
- Previous experience in a similar role.
- Exposure to Cloud Skills – Azure/ AWS
- Infrastructure skills such as:
- CiscoJuniper: Routing, vlans, trunking and ACL.
- Firewall: Installation, configuring and monitoring.
- Extensive Microsoft OS knowledge
- VmWare: Design, planning, install and configuration
- Experience Design concepts, as well as, deploy and secure.
As well as your technical skills experience within a project environment, dealing with multiple internal and external stakeholders would be advantageous.
Why You Should Join Us
We have a competitive salary and access to a number of additional flexible benefits, which will cover Health and Wellbeing, Savings and Protection & Life, Leisure and Entertainment.
Roke has a great community of groups with shared interests. These enable people to share ideas and be passionate about tools, technologies & techniques, which interest them.
We are committed to a policy of Equal Opportunity, Diversity and Inclusion. Our working environment is friendly, creative and inclusive. We will consider flexible working arrangements and support a diverse work-force and those with additional needs.
Due to the nature of this position, we require you to be willing and eligible to achieve a minimum of SC clearance. To qualify, you should be a British Citizen and have resided in the UK for the last 5 years for SC and 10 years for DV. For more information about clearance eligibility, please see https://(url removed)/guidance/security-vetting-and-clearance.
High level clearance bonus is available and will be considered on application.