Manufacturing Engineer - West Midlands - Aerospace - Strong Salary & Benefits
A Manufacturing Engineer is required with a background in complex machining. Candidates from an Aerospace or other precision machining environment would be well received.
As this West Midlands based business who manufacture complex aerospace components and systems continues to grow due to its global success, they require a highly skilled Manufacturing Engineer for a new permanent role.
As the Manufacturing Engineer you will be required to:
- Support the fabrication of complex machined parts by providing timely and accurate CNC programs and work instructions from 3D models for a range of different manufacturing processes.
- To develop and execute effective manufacturing systems that are based on best practice
- Establish standard times for each operation ensuring minimisation of the 7 wastes
- Provides "Practical Problem Solving" support to the business in tackling process or yield issues
- Support in the creation, review and approval of gauging, fixtures and special tooling required to support the efficient and effective manufacture of machined and assembled products.
- Ensure compatibility of engineering drawings and specifications with manufacturing and fabrication capabilities.
- Support NPI programs to ensure new designs fit within the manufacturing strategy.
The Manufacturing Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- BSc Degree (vocational, professional, or advanced) or equivalent in the field of Mechanical/Manufacturing Engineering. (desirable)
- HNC/ HND (vocational, professional, or advanced) or equivalent in the field of Mechanical/Manufacturing Engineering.
- Proven general capabilities in DFM, DFSS, APQP methodologies, Lean methodologies and Zero Defects.
- Proven specific capabilities in CNC programming using 3D CAD/CAM, (Siemens NX10.0 (Preferred), SolidWorks, EdgeCAM, Vericut)
- Knowledge and exposure to 5 Axis Milling, Mill/Turn techniques and programming, Honing, Lapping, Grinding, Flow Deburring, Heat treatment would be highly advantageous.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have experience of Precision Machining Processes and you want to be considered, please apply today.
If you have any questions about the Manufacturing Engineer role, please contact Neil Cayley at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on (phone number removed).
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.