Manufacturing Engineer - Swindon - Competitive Salary
A world leading manufacturing organisation are looking for a Manufacturing Engineer, to join their plant, on a permanent basis.
The core function of the role will be to develop product assembly methods and processes for manual, semi, and fully automated equipment - managing specification, build, validation, and implementation. The position holder will provide fault identification, correction, and process improvement on existing equipment.
Key responsibilities include:
- Specification of equipment and service requirements
- Identify and implement process improvements (efficiency, quality, cost effectiveness)
- Fully document trials/validations and work in accordance with internal procedures, GMP and Regulatory Controls.
- Keep abreast of technological developments in assembly methods and automation engineering
- Lead Six Sigma and Lean Process Improvement projects
- Compile specifications, protocols, reports and procedures
- Identify equipment maintenance requirements
- Problem analysis and risk assessment, ensuring full EHS compliance
- Equipment installation, commissioning and validation and documentation/reports
You will have excellent root-cause analysis (RCA) skills and any experience working with six sigma would be highly advantageous. Experience with other methodologies (Kaizen, Lean, DMAIC) would also be sought after.
To be considered for this position, candidates will have extensive experience within a highly automated GMP facility (pharmaceutical/medical device/food), although other fast-moving highly regulated industries such as automotive may also be suitable. Candidates will also need a recognised qualification within electrical engineering (HNC/HND/Degree). Experience working with PLCs (Allen Bradley/Siemens/Mitsubishi) is also essential.
Alternative job titles for this position could include Project Engineer, Process Technologist, Continuous Improvement Engineer, Senior Engineer, CI Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer, Production Engineer, Process Engineer, Equipment SME or NPI Engineer.
In order to apply please send your CV to (url removed), or call James at Blackfield Associates on (phone number removed) for more information.
STR Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.