The Role: Manufacturing Engineer
Salary: £40K - £45K DOE
My client is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer with a CNC Milling bias to join their thriving operation in Gloucestershire.
This role would be ideal for a continious improvement driven engineer who enjoys being hands-on in a fast paced environment. As the
Manufacturing Engineer you will ensure production processes run smoothly and quality is maintained at all times.
- Engineering parts for Production Readiness including Design of Holding Fixtures where required.
- Generation of Programs using Delcam, Visi, Heidenhain & Mazatrol for 3, 4 & 5 Axis Applications
- Ensure new product achieves Quality, Cost and delivery requirements through production readiness.
- Liaison and problem solving with Machine Operators
- Development of Re-Work & Salvage Schemes as required.
- Advises and support on Continuous Improvement Programs to improve process, methods, routings and tooling to increase margin and efficiencies.
- Inform Account Managers / Planners of required changes to methods of manufacture in order to maintain planned hours and quality.
- Drive advancements in manufacturing technology to support continuous improvement and increase efficiency through lean improvements and 5S
- Coordinate tooling and fixture activity to ensure appropriate tooling, training and procedures are in place to support production and productivity objectives.
- Responsible for all Technical Support of manufacturing engineering including CNC Machining and Validation Techniques to ensure overall processes are efficient, safe and implemented to maintain consistency in the manufacturing process
- Promote and improve safety throughout the manufacturing process
- Responding appropriately to emergencies or urgent issues as agreed from daily stand up meetings and site team meetings
- To maintain morale at all times with a team approach
- Carry out all duties in a timely and responsible manner
- Ensure production readiness meetings are carried out for new product and that appropriate personnel attend to ensure team empowerment
- Ensure daily stand up meetings are carried out ensuring appropriate personnel attend to maintain effectiveness
- Ensure that you comply with company Health and Safety requirements
- Microsoft Office, Javelin (MRP), CADCAM (Solid Works, Visi and Delcam)
- MAZAK i500 Variaxis, & VTC 530s / Hardinge Bridgeports