International Field Project Engineer
Competitive salary plus pension, training & development
I am currently looking to recruit an International Field Project Engineer to join my client based in Hertfordshire.
Due to my client’s recent growth and success, they are looking to expand their Automation Engineering team with an International Field Project Engineer. This role will directly support the Product Engineers with all 'in field' activities, maintaining in-depth, practical product knowledge across all engineering products (whether developed in house or externally sourced).
While the role is technically based at the Head Office in Hatfield, around 80% of the Field Engineer's time will be spent working across sites in the UK, Europe and (initially) North America. Ability and flexibility to travel will therefore be crucial.
Support Automation Engineering Implementation with installation expertise and ensure product engineering challenges are resolved
Identify and manage the resolution of engineering change requests and product improvements, taking full accountability for changes on released products
Be a key stakeholder for unreleased products
Review, maintain and communicate related product technical documentation (including but limited to Manuals, BoM’s, install guides, PDI & SAT checklists)
Provide engineering product support (especially during design, installation & commissioning phases)
Proactively support engineering supply chain with engineering detail, including acceptance testing, and order specification
Work closely with the Product Development team to receive new products and developments
Work to and follow all CDM guidance, both external (CDM Regulations 2015 and associated Guidance L153) and internal
Efficient workflow management of a team of product engineers (working on multiple projects in multiple worldwide locations)
Develop individuals in the team
Accountable for deliverables of the team
Minimum skills/experience required:
- Demonstrable experience/success in a Project Engineering environment
- Field Installation, maintenance and repair of products and/or systems
- Experience working in manufacturing, automotive, airports, FMCG distribution (or similar)
- Acceptance Testing
- IT literate, proficient with Microsoft Office and/or Google Suite
- Excellent technical and practical competence relating to automation and general engineering
- Appreciate the implications and requirements of relevant product safety and compliance
- International working experience (including remote product support and managing remote teams)
- Understanding of applicable directives, codes standards etc (e.g. machinery directive)
- People management
- Technical / Engineering qualification to good level in a relevant field including (but not limited to):
- Electromechanical systems
- Conveyor systems
- Functional safety
- Life Assurance
- Private Medical Insurance
- 25 days holiday, increasing to 27 with 5 years’ service
- Employee Assistance Program
- Income protection
- Share schemes
- 15% Company discount
If you have the above skills and wish to be considered for this position or find out more details then please submit your CV.
We will endeavour to contact all applicants however if you do not hear from me within two weeks then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful.