Controls / PLCEngineer ( Shifts ) – Automation / Manufacturing
Competitive Salary and package
I am currently looking to recruit a Controls / PLC Engineer to join my client based in Essex.
- Competitive salary and benefits including free shares and Life Assurance
- Onsite subsidised café and company shop offering discounts of up to 70% on groceries from leading brands and major retailers
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Childcare vouchers and numerous local discounts/benefits
- 42 hours per week (Shift based role of 14 x 12 hour shifts in any 28 day period. Combination of Days and Nights)
- Exciting opportunity to work with highly automated cutting edge machinery in a brand new site
My client is the world’s largest dedicated online grocery supermarket, unique and completely independent focusing on the home delivery of high-quality food, drink and household goods. They have won countless consumer awards for our incredible, customer-centric business.
At the forefront of our Customer Fulfilment Centres are our Engineering team, ensuring that our technology continually beats the competition. Working in our brand new highly automated warehouse you will be using the latest versions of cutting edge hardware and software.
As the Controls/PLC Engineer you will be our front line support with any controls system related issues. Using your expert technical knowledge and people skills to coach the Engineering team and improve their diagnostic skills to identify controls issues.
What do we need?
- Good technical ability relating to automation hardware and software, this may include, but is not limited to:
- Excellent working knowledge of Control Systems
- HNC Engineering or equivalent
- Engineering Technician Apprenticeship
- Manufacturers PLC training and appropriate experience
- PLC and Controls & Electrical and/or mechanical skills preferably gained in an FMCG background to at least NVQ 3
- Sound analytical skills, good problem solver.
- Online code monitoring / modification / development with Siemens S7 300/400 PLCs
- A good understanding of PLC control system architecture and field control devices.
- Experience in Warehousing / distribution / logistics / airports / production lines.
- Working with tote and pallet conveyors.
- Good communication skills both verbal and written and good interpersonal skills, able to analyse and impart knowledge.
- Good organisational ability, able to prioritise.
- Experience with Robotics would be an advantage
- Self motivated, consistent and able to work at pace.
- Computer literate in MS office package, ability to use a computerised maintenance management system (CMMS).
- Physically able to carry out engineering activities within the Automated Warehouse (CFC)
- English Language ability such that able to read and understand safety information, technical manuals and data, and communicate clearly with colleagues to enable a safe environment.
If you have the above skills and wish to be considered for this position or find out more details then please submit your CV
We will endeavour to contact all applicants however if you do not hear from me within two weeks then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful.