Quantity Surveyor: Belfast
Our client is a leading manufacturer and supplier of door opening solutions. A growing and ambitious business leading from the front with exceptional levels of customer service.
They now require a Quality Surveyor to be based in Belfast and be
responsible for managing all contractual and financial aspects of the company’s construction projects.
- Support the tendering and negotiation process through commercial experience, contractual understanding and risk management strategy
- Evaluate proposed customer contract terms to determine risk and opportunity, and support the negotiation process to achieve favourable change to terms where possible
- Generate, control and monitor project budgets in conjunction with the Contracts Manager
- Track changes to the design and/or construction work to generate additional sales revenue, offset additional costs and maximise profitability.
- Adjust budget projections to account for contract changes
- Identify, evaluate and agree additional charges for work required or undertaken that are outside the prescribed and agreed scope of works or contracted terms to maximise sales revenue and profitability
- Mitigate risk of revenue or profit degradation throughout the duration of the contract
- Prepare and submit interim payment applications for completed works in a timely and professional manner in accordance with the contractual obligations of each project.
- Create, prepare and submit contractual documents such as Notice of Compensation Events, Early Warnings and general contractually worded letters.
- Respond to contractual correspondence received from customers in order to mitigate potential financial risk
- Agree terms and conditions and budgets for sub-contracted works
- Minimum 5 Years Quantity Surveying experience in construction building products industry
- IT Literate with strong knowledge and experience in using all Microsoft platforms, specifically Excel.
- Good organisational skills
- Willingness to travel and confidentially meet and communicate with customers
- Ability to work as part of a team but have initiative to work independently
- Attention to detail and a methodical approach to work
- Experience with ERP software packages
- Knowledge and understanding of contractual documents and formats, including NEC 3 and JCT.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills with the ability to maintain positive relationships and take appropriate professional action when dealing with potential difficulties
- Detailed knowledge of and current building and construction technology, processes, materials, business and legal matters.
Get in touch if this sounds like the role for you.