Prosper Recruitment are representing a highly innovative and well-established family owned Manufacturing business who have an excellent UK presence in their market and have also expanded across Europe and the Middle East. Current turnover is c£18m and total employees c50 including office and sales staff.
As a result of their impressive and continued growth, they are now recruiting for a Maintenance Engineer on a permanent basis to be based in Cleckheaton.
Reporting into the Engineering Supervisor you will responsible for the electrical maintenance of all site plant, equipment, LV switchgear and electrical infrastructure. Responsibility for ensuring routine maintenance schedules are maintained and improved. Responsible for ensuring all site manufacturing assets can achieve / maintain all necessary processing and quality expectations / targets.
- Liaising with the Engineering supervisor and other maintenance engineers, Agree the daily / weekly ‘Plan’ for all Electrical Engineering activity. (Planned preventative maintenance, electrical supplies & distribution, under performing assets, etc.)
- ‘Champion’ health and safety initiatives, supporting the Company’s behavioural safety programme.
- Undertake daily investigations of all underperforming assets, suggest, agree remedial actions to ensure optimum performance to enhance OEE. (including unnecessary waste/scrap)
- Suggest / agree / implement changes to enhance the electrical engineering operational performance of all manufacturing assets.
- Undertake scheduled electrical maintenance activity, planning, communicating, all remedial works pre failure.
- Undertake scheduled thermographic surveys, cataloguing (electronically) all surveys and remedial actions.
- Contribute to the creation and implementation of a best practice engineering vision, strategy, principles, practices and procedures to enhance the operational and financial performance of the business.
- Support continuous improvement initiatives and identify inefficiencies and cost optimisation opportunities.
- Lead by example at all times.
- Adhere to company procedures at all times, reporting any issues of non-conformance to your immediate supervisor.
- Achieve agreed KPIs and personal targets / objectives.
Communication & Contacts
- Regular face to face verbal and written communication with internal customers.
- Use a PC, Microsoft packages and ERP System.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate at all levels.
- Close attention to detail and a methodical approach.
- Continuous improvement opportunity focused.
- Proven organisational skills with an ability to handle multiple tasks working on own initiative.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritise a busy workload to meet deadlines.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Team player with a proactive and collaborative approach.
- Be creative and think ‘outside of the box’
- Challenge established working practices, methods and techniques
Education / Qualifications Required
ONC level or equivalent in electrical engineering.
17th / 18th Edition electrical regulations.
Full, clean driving licence.
HNC Electrical Engineering.
C & G 2377 code of practice – PAT Testing.
Asbestos Awareness Trained.
Health & safety awareness training.
Minimum of 10 years’ experience in a maintenance engineering role.
Minimum of five years’ experience in a fault finding / diagnosis role.
Experience of motor control / drives.
Experience of PLC control systems to fault diagnosis level. (I/O understanding)
Competent understanding of automation devices, sensors, transducers etc.
Competent interpreting electrical schematic diagrams.
PLC programming competent knowledge siemens, Allen Bradley, Mitsubishi, etc.
Experience of Lenze drives.
Experience of working in a TPM environment.
Experience of FMCG.
Understanding of hydraulic systems.
Understanding of pneumatic systems.
Experience of Fabrication.
Welding experience, (MIG, TIG)