Contek are working on behalf of a greatly expanding precision Engineering company in Portsmouth. They process prototype, low to medium batch production in aluminium, engineering plastics, stainless and tool steels.
My Client is looking for an experiencec CNC Estimator/Account Manager to join the team!
Standard hours: Mon – Thursday: 7.30 am to 5.00 pm, 30 minute lunch break. Friday: 7.30 am to 12.30 pm. 41 hour a week.
1 Account manage, pro-actively ‘on-board’ new A class customers, close orders and win the best mix of work to maximise flow and throughput.
- Telephone potential A class customers to qualify new leads to develop strong partnerships and to gain a commercial advantage.
- Manage order funnel to win 80% of orders from potential A class customers and deliver a consistent green scorecard.
- Strive to improve hourly rate and the best mix of work.
- Minimise risk through the company to protect margins.
- Focus on quotes and components that fit our machining ‘envelope’ in repeat batch quantities or high value low quantities.
2 Prepare accurate detailed quotes.
- Quality is built in at the start. Note concessions, special detail and intricacies to be managed whilst meeting ISO9001 2015 requirements.
- Build in accurate design, material, tooling and subcontract costs, routings, program, set, inspection, run times and lead times.
- Expedite turning quotes around in a timely manner to gain advantage whilst maintain good “housekeeping”.
- Establish and quote the best prices and lead times to the benefit of the customer and team.
- Manage quote throughput to deliver green scorecard measures.
3 Machining Design Advice.
- Reviewing customer drawings and models.
- Discussing models and drawings with customers to gain advantage, offering machining design advice to help build trust.
- Creating/altering drawings and models to reflect discussions.
- Bottoming out issues with customer models to aid production
4 Communicate and collaborate with the Estimation & Account Management team and whole company to ensure the best results for all.
- Consistently achieve personal KPI’s.
- Without question help team mates to hit company wide goals
- Engage in daily and weekly departmental meetings for the greater good of the company.
- Complete other duties to help cover sick, holidays and to get things done for the whole team result.
5 Continuously improve how the department operates to aid growth and strengthen margin.
- Challenge current ways of working to make improvements
- Raise issues to be discussed at the weekly departmental meeting
- Come prepared and contribute at all meetings
- Work on self-development
- Create a network of great people you’d like to join the team
1. Demonstrate alignment and the ability to live and work by my Clients Core Values.
2. Self-starter and a team player with the desire to work in a progressive company.
3.10 years plus skilled programming and setting CNC machining and engineering background.
4 Comprehensive knowledge and ability to interpret engineering drawings and geometric tolerances.
5. Ideally have an estimating / job costing background but we will consider skilled CNC Machinists with a good machining methodology background who have the desire to move into a customer facing estimator role.
6. An enquiring mind and interest in offering machining manufacturing design advice. Working with customers to understand the fit, form and function of component applications and advise on manufacturing engineering drawings.
7. Personable with good people skills to develop and maintain effective working relationships with work colleagues, suppliers and customers
8. Good organisational skills and ability to work under your own initiative .
9.You will be analytical, accurate and thorough in all aspects of your work.
10.Familiarity with an ISO9001:2008 quality environment.
11 Computer literate with Microsoft Office applications. Experience with ERP MRP software packages would be of benefit but not essential.
12.Flexible to be able to help out in other departments.
My Client can offer:
- Competitive hourly rate.
- A bonus scheme.
- A progressive, engaging work environment.
- Job security, training and career opportunities.
- Opportunity for overtime.
- 33 days annual leave including statutory holidays.
- Company sickness scheme (subject to qualifying criteria).
- Company auto enrolment pension scheme (subject to qualifying criteria).