Maintenance Technician required in Pontypridd, near Cardiff, South Wales.
International company supplying environment improvement products to retail and facilities management industries.
Hours of work 38 hours per week 8-4.30 Mon-Thurs and 7-12 Friday + overtime
To carry out maintenance activates to equipment, site processes and services.The Maintenance Technician should promote the use of best-practice maintenance system tools and techniques, ensuring they are applied in a safe way. Complies too all H&S requirements and benefits the company performance in the areas of Quality, Cost and Delivery. Actively support continuous improvement and safety activities
- Time served apprenticeship with practical experience (minimum 2 years post completion of apprenticeship) in a manufacturing environment packaging / FMCG / automotive.
- Knowledge / experience of mechanical / electrical PLC & Pneumatic systems
- Minimum C&G craft qualification – mechanical or mechanical / electric.
- Lean manufacturing / Continuous improvement
- PC literate
- PLC & Pneumatics control experience
- Good standard of written English & Math’s
- Good communication skill & attitude
- Practical approach to modern problem solving tools and techniques
Essential Job Functions / Responsibilities
- Provide and oversee maintenance / repair of the sites processes, services & equipment for production and management needs
- Support the production team in the application of TPM & PPM activities
- Ensure all paperwork completed in line with the maintenance process / system is accurate & legible
- Positively support & drive continuous improvement culture through the production areas
- Support Risk Assessments & all H&S improvement activities
- Assist with the installation of new plant / process installation
- Be responsive to support production needs for maintenance & breakdown repair
- Support & carry out operator training as required
- Support & follow the maintenance spares system / stores
- Sharing experience, best practice, relaying all relevant knowledge & information with colleagues
- Ensure PPE is maintained & used as prescribed
- Be flexible in approach to work to support the production needs, be able to work shift & cover over time when required.
- Any other duties as required by the Facilities Manager
This is a great opportunity to join a developing business, and work in a friendly, professional environment.